Which knife if you were....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Re: Which knife if you were....

Post by Woodpuppy »

blues wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 pm
Bark River bravo 1 with Swedish light my fire and a hatchet or small camp axe, and bahco folding saw. And a Browning Auto 5, and a 336cb in .38-55, and Blackhawk in .45 colt, Gregory pack, and sat phone....
Unfortunately your failure to pay attention will lead to your demise. The OP's question was "which Spyderco" (folder)...

;)
:eek:

Ugh FINE PM2 in REX45.
blues

Post by blues »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:13 pm
:eek:

Ugh FINE PM2 in REX45.
Excellent choice. (I considered opting for my Millie in REX 45.) :cool:
- Retired from the chase -
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Of the ones that I already carry- either a Manix 2 M4 steel or a Manix 2 XL S30V.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Catamount123 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Caribbean Leaf PE
Same here.

Jim
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Keep in mind he didn't know the plane was going to crash so it would be an edc knife, probably a folder.
The pm2 or Bradley 2 are the largest knives I usually carry. Though not ideal I imagine they'd be big and sturdy enough.
Didn't see the movie, but among my Spyderco's I too would've likely had my EDC PM2. I think it would be plenty sturdy enough to handle an emergency situation in the wilderness.
sal

Post by sal »

If I were taking a small plane into the "bush", I would certainly have more than one knife. Large, like the Respect, Jumpmaster 2 and at least one folder.

sal
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

The Caribbean Leaf PE is always in my pocket, so that one.

However, I keep multiple tools in all of my vehicles. If I had a plane, at the minimum, it would have one fixed blade, one axe and one machete. After that, I'd have what they payload would allow.(shovel would be next on the list)

I keep an axe and a fixed blade in ALL of my vehicles, just incase. I've never had to use them, but they are there.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
jacala

Post by jacala »

Spyderco Military and I would be sorry that I left my Spyderco Jumpmaster2 at home.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Just my Hap 40 Endura and maybe the O1 Bushmaster on my belt.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Well, I would think small planes that fly over the bush often, like in Alaska, would keep knives, axes, and guns in them. Maybe I'm wrong. I would keep all three in mime if possible.

But, if I just had a Spyderco folder in my pocket, I'd hope it were my Police 4 or Military.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I guess a Warrior would be out of the question in scenario! :p
In that case, I hope I would've picked up my Lionspy, Superleaf, D'Allara, or another tough leafshape Spydie with a thick bladestock which can handle some tough love.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:29 pm
Well, I would think small planes that fly over the bush often, like in Alaska, would keep knives, axes, and guns in them. Maybe I'm wrong. I would keep all three in mime if possible.

But, if I just had a Spyderco folder in my pocket, I'd hope it were my Police 4 or Military.

Yes, there's actually an Alaska law that says bush pilots must carry emergency gear:

http://dot.alaska.gov/stwdav/akfly.shtml
Alaska Statute 02.35.110 Emergency Rations & Equipment requires that an airman may not make a flight inside the state with an aircraft unless emergency equipment is carried as follows:

1. The minimum equipment during the summers months is: food for each occupant for one week; one axe or hatchet; one first aid kit; an assortment of fishing tackle such as hooks, flies, and sinkers; one knife; fire starter; one mosquito headnet for each occupant; and two signaling devices such as colored smoke bombs, pistol shells, etc. sealed in metal containers.

2. In addition to the above, the following must be carried as minimum equipment from October 15 to April 1 of each year: one pair of snowshoes; one sleeping bag; one wool blanket for each occupant over four.
But in the movie, the plane crashes in water and sinks immediately, which is why the characters have to depend on what they're carrying.

To the original question: The last several times I've gone to AK, I've brought my Stretch. So if I were on a small plane flying around in AK, that would likely be the knife in my pocket.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Charles Morse got a hunting knife for his birthday,so probably he would have it on himself,and it had to be the Respect.Otherwise,he was a billionaire,and he would have carried a gentleman's folder,like the Chaparral.
If it would happened to me,i would have my ffg blue Endura on me.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Well I'm gonna play make believe too!.....I would have my PM2 salt lc200n!...make believe, right?
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

If it has to be a folder I think I would want my Caribbean PE Leaf... the Manix Xl would be a great choice as a well. But if I could have a fixed blade it would be the Waterway hands down.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

It wouldn't much matter what knife I was carrying because I would have frozen and died in the lake. :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

rangefinder wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:50 am
Yes, there's actually an Alaska law that says bush pilots must carry emergency gear:

http://dot.alaska.gov/stwdav/akfly.shtml
Alaska Statute 02.35.110 Emergency Rations & Equipment requires that an airman may not make a flight inside the state with an aircraft unless emergency equipment is carried as follows:

1. The minimum equipment during the summers months is: food for each occupant for one week; one axe or hatchet; one first aid kit; an assortment of fishing tackle such as hooks, flies, and sinkers; one knife; fire starter; one mosquito headnet for each occupant; and two signaling devices such as colored smoke bombs, pistol shells, etc. sealed in metal containers.

2. In addition to the above, the following must be carried as minimum equipment from October 15 to April 1 of each year: one pair of snowshoes; one sleeping bag; one wool blanket for each occupant over four.
But in the movie, the plane crashes in water and sinks immediately, which is why the characters have to depend on what they're carrying.

To the original question: The last several times I've gone to AK, I've brought my Stretch. So if I were on a small plane flying around in AK, that would likely be the knife in my pocket.
Thank you for posting that. I am always interested in these sorts of things and this is right up my alley.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/