Street Beat Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a Street Beat sprint run?

Yes. I'd prefer stainless with a satin finish (M390, CTS204P, S110V, LC200N etc.)
35%
Yes. I'd prefer stainless with a DLC finish
4%
Yes. I'd prefer carbon steel with a satin finish (K390, M4, Super Blue, etc.)
29%
Yes. I'd prefer carbon steel with a DLC finish
9%
No, I am not interested in this model regardless of steel choice
12%
No, I am happy with VG10
10%

Total votes: 68

vivi

Street Beat Sprint

Post by vivi »

This is a poll to see who'd be interested in a Street Beat sprint run.

I've always thought a DLC tool steel run would be awesome. I'd like to see DLC K390 with a dark green handle.

What would you like to see if this model got a sprint?
:unicorn
bearfacedkiller

Re: Street Beat Sprint

Post by bearfacedkiller »

K390 and Denim Micarta

I have quite a few Spyderco fixed blades and I use this one the most if you don’t count kitchen knives. It is a brilliant knife and I am still not sure why it got discontinued.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Would like to one made of any configuration. That is the one of two Spydies that got canceled before I nabbed one and still upset about it. The other a fluted Ti Millie.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I LOVE my micarta Street Beat in VG-10!

I want one in either LC200N or Vanax SC with white/ivory polished micarta handles.

Speaking of Street Beats. I finally got mine sharpened up right, I found my old lit magnifier scope and it really was a game changer.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Thanks Vivi! I chose the stainless option. To me, this would be an exciting knife.

Hopefully it will not be a sprint run, and will be a replacement for the current VG-10. I always seem to lack the timing to get in on sprints.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

The satin k390/m4 config sounds great.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Yes! Any configuration would be great. I voted for Satin Stainless, but carbon steel would be nice too!
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

K390 with DLC for me would be the knife. But any carbon steel configuration would be kickass.
Ian80

Post by Ian80 »

I’d love m390, 204p, or something similar
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A 204p/m390/20cv
.......yes.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m down for anything, but prefer Carbon steel for my outdoor fixed blades. (Votes M4, K390)I really think a lot of Spydercos fixed blades are overlooked. I’ve been very happy with the Bradley Bowie and Junction, they both fit the bill for what I use them for, and I love some updated D2!
Josh
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I love K390 and would not mind this. HOWEVER, if I had a choice for a first Sprint, I would want LC200N because that would give me a pocketable all terrain and weather knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I wouldn't care, as long as we got Micarta scales. I'm still upset I don't own one and didn't buy it before it was discontinued.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would like to see a couple of different Sprint Runs of the STREETBEAT but for different reasons. Sure I would like to see one in a newer/better steel than VG-10. But I also would like to see a Spyderedged version of it. And sure I would love to see the STREETBEAT maybe with a G-10 handle.

Also I wish they would look into sheaths that can be mobilized on a person's ankle. I think that would be extremely handy even for EDC uses.

My late best friend that passed about 4 years ago did use his STREETBEAT for his main EDC for well over 5 years and he died with it on him. His son now cherishes it. But I can't tell you all how many times I would have loved to have had one in SE.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am
I would like to see a couple of different Sprint Runs of the STREETBEAT but for different reasons. Sure I would like to see one in a newer/better steel than VG-10. But I also would like to see a Spyderedged version of it.
Reading this makes me think again that I should get a Jumpmaster. It is near the top of my "regular production knives to get, maybe" list. Along with the Native Chief. Anyway, the Jumpmaster is sorta like a SE Street Beat if you squint a lot.

But a Street Beat Sprint. K390 is certainly a good choice. What about Rex 45? -- I'd like to see more of that somewhere, somehow.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
I would like to see a couple of different Sprint Runs of the STREETBEAT but for different reasons. Sure I would like to see one in a newer/better steel than VG-10. But I also would like to see a Spyderedged version of it.
Reading this makes me think again that I should get a Jumpmaster. It is near the top of my "regular production knives to get, maybe" list. Along with the Native Chief. Anyway, the Jumpmaster is sorta like a SE Street Beat if you squint a lot.

But a Street Beat Sprint. K390 is certainly a good choice. What about Rex 45? -- I'd like to see more of that somewhere, somehow.
Well TT that isn't a bad idea at all. I would love a plain edged version in K390. A Spyderedged version in VG-10 would be quite all right for me. That Jumpmaster is a beast of a serrated fixed blade to be sure. There are a lot models out of that era that I would like to see return in newer/better blade steel.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Reading this makes me think again that I should get a Jumpmaster. It is near the top of my "regular production knives to get, maybe" list.

Same here. I am not huge into fixed blade, but the Aqua Salt and Jumpmaster are at the top of my list to get at some point. One can never have enough H1 SE!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
sal

Post by sal »

I think the maker of the model might have difficulty working with the steels suggested. I'll present your case.

sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

sal wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am
I think the maker of the model might have difficulty working with the steels suggested. I'll present your case.

sal
I would be super grateful for any Street Beat Sprint. This is easily the knife I most regret not picking up when I had the chance.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I would love another Street Beat. It is far and away my favorite model. I voted for satin k390/m4, but honestly I would be happy with a stainless one too. I wouldn't particularly want it in lc200n though, but I'd certainly buy it anyway if it came out.
--Jeremy