s90v SHAMAN IS OUT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
biZ

Re: s90v SHAMAN IS OUT

Post by biZ »

blues wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am
glutofknives wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am
In stock at GPK!
Doesn't look like it...
GPK had a one knife per household limit and sold out in roughly 15 minutes.
blues

Post by blues »

Impressive...
- Retired from the chase -
biZ

Post by biZ »

indeed
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

lunde

Post by lunde »

I managed to snag two from the SFO at the OpFocus discount before they went out of stock.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Showing in stock at BladeOps currently
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

ekastanis wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:14 pm
Showing in stock at BladeOps currently
Now showing out of stock
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Glad to see this is selling like the M4 version. I think the model was overlooked in the past because of price. The S30V is absolutely worth the price of admission, but I think the AFI's were waiting for something speacial. I hope this model will get the same level of love that the PM2 and Para3 get (or close to it).
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
glutofknives

Post by glutofknives »

^^^ Agree. Fingers crossed for burnt orange and
Micarta.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

If you think this one is hard to get wait for the one everyone actually asked for...lol! The CRUWEAR/Micarta Shaman won't be in stock for more than seconds at most retailers. I really hope they anticipate the demand and do the run in both DLC and Stonewash to increase the number available and give more folks a chance at grabbing one. DLC lovers need some love too. And you know DLC would look killer with tan or olive drab Micarta!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SalomonA

Post by SalomonA »

Man I really hope I can land one of these soon, are there any videos of it out yet?
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 pm
If you think this one is hard to get wait for the one everyone actually asked for...lol! The CRUWEAR/Micarta Shaman won't be in stock for more than seconds at most retailers. I really hope they anticipate the demand and do the run in both DLC and Stonewash to increase the number available and give more folks a chance at grabbing one. DLC lovers need some love too. And you know DLC would look killer with tan or olive drab Micarta!
Not everyone - I asked for Micarta and S90V. Ohh well.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 pm
.... The CRUWEAR/Micarta Shaman won't be in stock for more than seconds at most retailers....
That is to be feared... The one European seller who had the CF Shaman in stock did not have that very for very long...;) Was sold out mighty fast.

I personally am not interested in the CF version, but Micarta is a different story...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I really hope that there's more of the micarta/cruwear version.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Initial inventory levels are usually low, and then they'll be in stock for a while at places. A $280 knife will sell to the serious collectors first, and there are less AFIs than casual buyers. The $240 Manix Sprint in CF and S90V remained in stock for quite a while. Same with the KW CF Millie at $280.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:21 am
Initial inventory levels are usually low, and then they'll be in stock for a while at places. A $280 knife will sell to the serious collectors first, and there are less AFIs than casual buyers. The $240 Manix Sprint in CF and S90V remained in stock for quite a while. Same with the KW CF Millie at $280.
I am hopeful that that's the case. Fingers crossed!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I took myself out of the running for this sprint, even though I do like S90V in my Manix2 XL and Native5. In a knife this stout, I want a tougher steel. Cruwear springs to mind.

I do hope the chatter about a Cruwear Shaman sprint in micarta proves correct. If I’m not mistaken, Sal was one of the chatterers.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Thu May 23, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

I want one of these. I am charmed with the Shaman. One thing I am not going to do is a pre-order at Knifecenter. I tried that with another sprint, and you never know if you are doing to get lucky enough or where you are at on their list. I almost missed the Rex 45 because of that. So I am going to place an order at the first place that says they are in stock and available.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Well, I just got lucky. Kniveworks had them. Briefly. They are showing out of stock now. I managed to order one, and just got my shipping notification. It looks like if you want one of these you will need to be on your toes. Unless as people have said, there is a trickle at first and more will be in stock later. Does it really work like that, or is it a myth? I would think that Spyderco would get set up, do a run of so many and then be done with it and ship to various dealers.
mgnmdngg

Post by mgnmdngg »

managed to snag one from house of blades

they still have stock.