s90v SHAMAN IS OUT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: s90v SHAMAN IS OUT

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 pm

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:14 pm

*double tap
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal :D
-Matt

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Great line up man. Thats one good lookin Shaman. Well three good lookin Shamans really :D
Carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal :D
-Matt

Enactive

Postby Enactive » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Darby! ****, dood! Wait 'til ya have the Crucarta too!

bearfacedkiller

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Oh yes, the Crucarta will be mine!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

Enactive

Postby Enactive » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Oh yes, the Crucarta will be mine!
Totally off topic question... Sent you a PM
Last edited by Enactive on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigGrove

Postby BigGrove » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Question for those who have received their Shaman S90V.

Mine arrived today. This is my first Shaman and I have a question about the action when closing the blade.

All the comp lock Spydercos I have when I fully depress the lock bar the blade essentially falls shut. With this Shaman I received, when I depress the lock bar the blade begins to fall shut and then stops when it hits the detent ball. It cannot be depressed further to allow the detent ball to clear the blade.

I happened to have my comp lock Lil Native in my pocket so I used the handy magnifying feature on my iPhone. The detent ball on the Shaman sticks out much further from the lock bar surface than the Lil Native. It doesn't stick out twice as much but its a lot more. I assume this this issue as my Lil Native drops shut.

Anyone else experience this? Is this a "special" feature of the Shaman? Or is mine not made right?

bearfacedkiller

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 pm

My detent ball clears the tang on my S30V model. I haven’t carried my S90V model yet.
-Darby

KingRat

Postby KingRat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Bring on the Blurple. I want to see that G10 polished and curved.

SalomonA

Postby SalomonA » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm

BigGrove wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Mine arrived today. This is my first Shaman and I have a question about the action when closing the blade.

All the comp lock Spydercos I have when I fully depress the lock bar the blade essentially falls shut. With this Shaman I received, when I depress the lock bar the blade begins to fall shut and then stops when it hits the detent ball. It cannot be depressed further to allow the detent ball to clear the blade.

I happened to have my comp lock Lil Native in my pocket so I used the handy magnifying feature on my iPhone. The detent ball on the Shaman sticks out much further from the lock bar surface than the Lil Native. It doesn't stick out twice as much but its a lot more. I assume this this issue as my Lil Native drops shut.

Anyone else experience this? Is this a "special" feature of the Shaman? Or is mine not made right?
The action on the one I bought was similar to yours. I never actually figured out why though

BigGrove

Postby BigGrove » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:25 pm

SalomonA wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm
BigGrove wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm

The action on the one I bought was similar to yours. I never actually figured out why though
Figured it out... I disassembled and discovered there was a burr at the tip of the lock bar that was pointed towards the carbon fiber (outside of the knife). It stuck out far enough to prevent the lock bar from being fully depressed and as a result the detent ball was putting a lot of drag on the tang.

Some passes with a stone removed the burr and now it drops shut perfectly. A bit disappointed it got out of the factory like this but at least it's fixed.

sal

Postby sal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 pm

It should break in with the burrs worn off. I've carried mine quite a bit and it is now very smooth. I really like S90V.

sal

curlyhairedboy

Postby curlyhairedboy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:43 am

sal wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 pm
It should break in with the burrs worn off. I've carried mine quite a bit and it is now very smooth. I really like S90V.

sal
This is a fantastic sprint, and we're very happy to have it! Thank you!
Spyderco Collection: Always in Flux...
Southard, Zulu, PITS, Chokwe, Squarehead, Shaman, CF S90v Shaman, Ikuchi
40th Anniversary Native
Would like to own again: Lil Native, Para 3 LW, Hawkbill Dragonfly 2 H1, Sheepsfoot Caribbean
Wishlist: Kapara, Lil Chokwe, Parata, Tanto PM2, Sage 5 LW, Shaman Sprints!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”