Z-CUT KNIVES review

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Re: Z-CUT KNIVES review

Post by ChrisinHove »

I think these could be a real winner. Odd as it might seem, apparently there are people out there who don’t like huge flashy blades.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Per the 2019 Spyderco Reveal Volume Two the specs are:

• Blade Length: 4.3"
  • Blade Thickness: 0.05"
  • Weight: 1.0 oz.
On the Pointed the Reveal incorrectly states 0.50" for blade thickness.

What is the MSRP on these? Assume MAP will be the usual 35% off of MSRP on these?

I think the street price will be key on these since similar knives from Victorinox Swiss Army are about $5-$6.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mauz

Post by Mauz »

I was really excited when I saw these presented. I thought FINALLY A KILLER KITCHEN KNIFE at a good price.
Then I noticed the size.
Coulda been a massive hit if they were twice the length. But for €3 in Europe you get l can get basically the same with Victorinox.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mauz,

Welcome to our forum.

I think you might look into the quality of the steel as opposed to the competition. Far from the same.

sal
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mauz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm
I was really excited when I saw these presented. I thought FINALLY A KILLER KITCHEN KNIFE at a good price.
Then I noticed the size.
Coulda been a massive hit if they were twice the length. But for €3 in Europe you get l can get basically the same with Victorinox.
Where's my torch and pitchfork?!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Mauz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm
Then I noticed the size.

I like the smaller size for every day kitchen tasks. For years now, I've been using the German-made Fixwell Stainless Steel kitchen knives ($2 each) with a blade length of just 3.25 inches.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SalomonA

Post by SalomonA »

Still patiently waiting for these to get packaged so they can ship. Crazy how packaging time can literally eat up months of time.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I was thinking the same thing with the blunted serrated blades, perfect sandwich prep knife! I’m definitely in for one of those, maybe a pointed plain and serrated too. I’m thinking these will be great for gifts, I have a few family members that could really benefit from having knives that are actually sharp in the kitchen.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

When are these shipping?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:44 pm
When are these shipping?
Hopefully soon, I'm anxious to compare to some of my cheap Victorinox that get heavy use in the kitchen.