Native 5 salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Meat man

Re: Native 5 salt

Post by The Meat man »

It's my understanding that the Seki Salt knives use H-1 for the backspacer (or lockbar, whatever it's called.) I know that the Pacific Salt uses a titanium clip and I suspect the other models do as well (minus the Dragonfly's wire clip.)

The Caribbean liners are LC200N, and the Caribbean's clip is titanium.

I don't know about the new Native Salt, but I do know that Spyderco spent what - a year and a half? - developing this model, and redesigning it to make it Salt worthy. For my part, I trust that they did their job. Plus, I recall Surfingringo doing an extended test run with it and he considers it to be if anything even more corrosion resistant than the H-1 Salts from Seki City.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Native 5 salt

Post by Doc Dan »

Enactive wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Neither titanium, nor aluminum are drawn to magnets regardless of alloy and some steels are not. Some austenitic steels aren't magnetic and highly alloyed steels might not be either-- e.g. very high chromium.

We should get a metalurgist or smith in here tho. Larrin, Shawn, Chad? Other?
Doc Dan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:49 am
Probably steel, but other metals will be attracted to magnets, as well. Perhaps an alloy of these?
Nickel is one such and is better resisting corrosion than steel.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050