When is the PM2 Maxamet Going To Arrive???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: When is the PM2 Maxamet Going To Arrive???

Post by TomAiello »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am
Sal, any word on the return of this wonderful steel in everyone's favorite model?
The UKPK? ;)
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:29 am
Tucson Tom wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 am

If there are extra costs in worn out equipment, abrasives, and time on the production line, they should consider just passing this on to the consumer.

I agree. And at this point I would rather see them put out a run of Maxamet PM2, Para 3, and Military as a limited Flash Batch or Sprint Run price adjusted to recover their costs, and focus on CPM-CRUWEAR for the production folders.
You and I do think alike. I would certainly be tempted to pick up a PM2 Maxamet Sprint if one came out though. Just 'cause. Well, maybe.

S110V is kind of a poor man's Maxamet. S90V though starts edging into the "well balanced steel" category in my mind. S110V I think of as an "exotic", same as I do Maxamet.

What the world really needs though is a Shaman in Cruwear. Beyond that, it would be nice to be able to have popular models available in Cruwear "on tap". As it is, we haven't seen any in a while. We can get people all worked up to get a knife in Cruwear and well, what are they supposed to do other than keep a close eye on the secondary market? Maybe the anticipating will make getting one all the sweeter?
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

After reading all the responses and interpolating ... sounds like I shouldn't expect to see a PM2 Maxamet at retailers anytime soon. So I went ahead and purchased that other knife (butterfly brand fixed blade). I had a limited time coupon which made price too sweet to pass on. If Murphy is in the house .. expect the PM2 Maxamet out sometime soon ... or maybe he'll just work his ways thru the release of the Shaman or Endela or both. He usually wins!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Yep... I'm seeing Endela and Shaman Carbon Fiber and DLT exclusive... and I'm out of knife funds :( :( :(
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm
S110V is kind of a poor man's Maxamet. S90V though starts edging into the "well balanced steel" category in my mind. S110V I think of as an "exotic", same as I do Maxamet.
I don't think that's fair to s110v. It's a great performer for edge holding and stain resistance. It's very stain resistant--more so than s90v, for example, in my experience.

The only complaint I have about s110v is that my edge chips. Which (contrary to some other folks reports) has been my experience with s110v far more than Maxamet.

But s110v has the best edge holding of any stainless I've used, and very good stain resistance.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

cycleguy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 am
Yep... I'm seeing Endela and Shaman Carbon Fiber and DLT exclusive... and I'm out of knife funds :( :( :(
Well as far as not waiting on the Maxamet PM2, I think you made the right call :cool:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:56 am
Tucson Tom wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm
S110V is kind of a poor man's Maxamet.
I don't think that's fair to s110v.
I never said anything bad about S110v -- and of course this is just a snapshot of my constantly evolving limited and flawed view of knife steels.

I think comparing S110v to Maxamet is a pretty high compliment. At least part of my thinking is that having S110v as a regular production
steel is not a bad substitute for Maxamet, if your game is getting something with incredible edge retention. And you get a steel that has
really good corrosion resistance as a nice bonus.

My tastes run more toward S90V in the stainless department -- but I would still rather see Cruwear than any of these.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I vote for G10 Manix Maxamet

Tho I think I prefer K390
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

So... looks like you dudes were so wrong on the arrival of this knife!!!! Last time I listen to this bunch of spyderco know-it-alls! :eek:

CG