Is the Manix 2 LW moving to BD1N?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Is the Manix 2 LW moving to BD1N?

Post by steelcity16 »

And if so, can we get a new translucent FRCP color distinguish between the two steels?? Maybe translucent Green or Burgundy?? Maybe offer a DLC option as well with one of these colors?? I just finally bought the Blue/BD1 and it is a great looking knife! Glad I was able to get one before the move to BD1N.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
olywa

Re: Is the Manix 2 LW moving to BD1N?

Post by olywa »

I second this question and I'm totally in support of a new transluscent color. Let's get some more support for this folks!
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

I agree. But also I would add to do away with the pin construction.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DOUBLE D wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:20 pm
I agree. But also I would add to do away with the pin construction.

Absolutely. Screw construction should really be standard on this model. Especially if it ever gets turned into a Salt.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
olywa

Post by olywa »

I agree with screw construction as long as it is not a deal killer. I've had my blue LW for years and I've used it hard. It's still tight as a drum.

I'm not sure about a Salt Manix 2 LW. I don't think it's possible to make that CBBL lock corrosion proof.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

olywa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:21 pm
I agree with screw construction as long as it is not a deal killer. I've had my blue LW for years and I've used it hard. It's still tight as a drum.

I'm not sure about a Salt Manix 2 LW. I don't think it's possible to make that CBBL lock corrosion proof.
Just make the lock ball and anvil out of LC200N like they did with the liners on the Caribbean. I'd also like to see the Manix 2 LW switched over to screw construction.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

There are ceramic ball bearings. I think some people swap them in.

I wonder if clever fasteners would allow for screw construction. Otherwise new mold would be required.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I think Sal said they are changing over all such knives to BD1N as the base steel.

I am waiting on the LC200N Manix 2 LW in yellow-orange translucent (I hope) FRCP. Bright blue would be great, too.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050