Native 5 Dark Gray G10/Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3rd-apex

Native 5 Dark Gray G10/Cruwear

Post by 3rd-apex »

First time poster, long time lurker, been an owner of Spydercos for about 6 years. First pocket knife was a Spyderco Centofante 3.

Anyway, I recall there being some word about at least a possibility for a Native 5 in Cruwear, has there been any word on this?

I personally am just really interested in getting a Native 5 with Dark Gray G10 (Cruwear would just be a bonus). My recollection is that Spyderco has only done that on Cruwear models. Is there any interest either from Spyderco or this forum's members in such a combo? To me the Native 5 is such a great workhorse knife, and I would love to see Cruwear on it. Also I think the Dark Gray G10 looks great! Just curious to see what others have to say. I would certainly buy this knife even if there was a $200 price point on it.
steelcity16

Re: Native 5 Dark Gray G10/Cruwear

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm with you! Sal at one point mentioned wanting to do a Cruwear Native LW. I really hope this still comes as well as a Cruwear G10 Native. Maybe they can do a run of Cruwear in the same Gray Peel Ply G10 as the earlier Para 3 and PM2 runs. I'd love to see the two Natives, Manix XL, Manix Backlock, Lil Native, and Chief in this format.

There is a dark gray Manix DLC 52100 exclusive. Maybe Knifeworks will do a Dark Gray DLC 52100 Native Exclusive? I'd buy that one as well.

CRUWEAR NATION!!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

3rd-apex wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:43 pm
First time poster, long time lurker, been an owner of Spydercos for about 6 years. First pocket knife was a Spyderco Centofante 3.

Anyway, I recall there being some word about at least a possibility for a Native 5 in Cruwear, has there been any word on this?

I personally am just really interested in getting a Native 5 with Dark Gray G10 (Cruwear would just be a bonus). My recollection is that Spyderco has only done that on Cruwear models. Is there any interest either from Spyderco or this forum's members in such a combo? To me the Native 5 is such a great workhorse knife, and I would love to see Cruwear on it. Also I think the Dark Gray G10 looks great! Just curious to see what others have to say. I would certainly buy this knife even if there was a $200 price point on it.
Welcome to the forum!

I am with you on dark grey G10 looking good, but I tried the Native and it is not one of my favorites unfortunately.
( It's backlock is the best I've ever experienced though, no doubt)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

It still baffles me how we haven't seen a G10 Native CRUWEAR yet. Or a Native LW or Manix LW. They have to be coming soon.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red