Sage 5 Lightweight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ugaarguy

Re: Sage 5 Lightweight

Post by ugaarguy »

I was going to get a Para 3 LW to hold me over, but the PE sold out on the SFO before I could get one. My thinking was that I'd get the Para 3 LW to hold me over, because I didn't think we'd get the Sage 5 LW this year. Now, with it likely to be here by September, I'm probably just going to wait for the Sage 5 LW.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ugaarguy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:26 pm
I was going to get a Para 3 LW to hold me over, but the PE sold out on the SFO before I could get one. My thinking was that I'd get the Para 3 LW to hold me over, because I didn't think we'd get the Sage 5 LW this year. Now, with it likely to be here by September, I'm probably just going to wait for the Sage 5 LW.
Way better choice imho...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:35 am
curlyhairedboy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:44 am
Definitely looking forward to this. I reckon it'll have a price point higher than the Para 3 LW, but hopefully not too much higher.

Yep, looking forward to this and the Urban AEB-L the most! Will be getting both upon release!

Changed my mind in the Urban, so now the Sage LW is the one I am waiting on. Well that and the Dodo and the Cruwear Micarta Shaman.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Eric said that LW Sage 5 will sport the pivot bushing.... that is a red flag for me since often times these comp locks tend to develop side to side blade play... but I hope and pray for tight tolerances.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
drexcell

Post by drexcell »

Assuming that this will start shipping pretty soon. This is going to be my next purchase. I am looking forward to this one because I like the original one so much.
AlexBouic

Post by AlexBouic »

definitely looking forward to this, they hit it out the park with the Para3 lightweight
Jcarr309@gmail.com

Post by Jcarr309@gmail.com »

Any updates on when Sage 5LW will be available?
Thanks
Unadan

Post by Unadan »

The lack of information on the Sage 5 LW is disturbing.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Still not at retailers?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

The fact that the 3rd reveal has been released before the Sage 5 LW has hit retailers is worrying.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ugaarguy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:04 pm
The fact that the 3rd reveal has been released before the Sage 5 LW has hit retailers is worrying.
Thats´s what I thought too.. Was it not the idea of the reveals, that the knives shown in one should certainly be available before the next reveal comes out? Not sure, but I seem to remember something along that lines.

If they already have produced the expensive FRN molds (which I´d assume), the knife almost HAS to be released in order to try and at at least amortize the costs, right?

Maybe they figured, it would compete too heavily with the Para 3 LW at the moment?
Last edited by Wartstein on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Patience, patience. ;) :cool:
I think Taichung have their hands full. My guess is that it is still coming.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 pm
Patience, patience. ;) :cool:
I think Taichung have their hands full. My guess is that it is still coming.
Think you´re right. Just remember how long it took to bring out the cqi-ed version of the Chap LW...
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

are they still making it. are they having issues. what is going on. it should have been out before reveal 3. if china and japan can't make deadlines i vote and have always wished that they would stop out sourcing american company's and make all there products here in america. no i do not believe at all that the pricing should go up, when they already make knives here that are good on price.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:31 am
are they still making it. are they having issues. what is going on. it should have been out before reveal 3. if china and japan can't make deadlines i vote and have always wished that they would stop out sourcing american company's and make all there products here in america. no i do not believe at all that the pricing should go up, when they already make knives here that are good on price.
The Sage series is made in Taiwan, which is democratic China, and a strong US Ally. US unemployment is so low that it's effectively zero. Spyderco can't expand the facilities in Golden fast enough to meet demand. I'm fine with them using contracted manufacturers to keep up with demand, with the bulk of the profits coming back to this American owned company.
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

I would love to see more US made knives but I appreciate Spyderco keeping quality consistently high regardless of country of origin. I tend to only buy the foreign made models if one really interests me, like the kapara.

Oh and dragonflies. I can't stop buying them for some reason. Vtoku and teal s30v recently. And a tattoo. And a pakka wood...

I... I may have a dragonfly problem guys.
Unadan

Post by Unadan »

Still nothing? Retailers might need to update the product page for this knife from "Coming Soon!" to "Maybe?"
sal

Post by sal »

The mold is still being made.

sal
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

sal wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 pm
The mold is still being made.

sal