Don't get cut with a ffg blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Don't get cut with a ffg blade

Post by Wartstein »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:25 am
I"ve sustained some pretty mean cuts even with hollow grind blades too. But I will admit that about the worst and deepest cut I ever gave myself was close to 10 years ago and I posted it here on this forum. I did it with my ZDP-189 Caly Jr. Luckily I was working for a retired medical doctor at the time and he was right there and able to bandage it up really good. He said he had never seen such a clean cut since he had worked in surgical clinics.

When that cut healed it actually healed pretty fast and that doctor told me because of that blade being straight razor sharp thus making a really clean, precise incision it was similar to a surgeon opening you up. There is a scar there now but you really have to look for it.
First and foremost: Glad everything healed well!

As for hollow grind blades: In my experience these are exactly the ones you get cut the easiest and the worst, even more so than it is with ffg blades...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

The worst cut I’ve had was from a VG-10 Endura. I was learning to sharpen and evidently figured it out. It was so sharp I didn’t even realize I’d cut myself until it bled.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

When I was in the 6th or 7th grade, I was in art class using one of those scoop shaped linoleum carving blades. Just as I was making a long, hard cut, another kid bumped my desk, the blade flew through my middle finger, scooped out a big chuck of flesh, and cut me to the bone (which I could see). There was no super glue in those days.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ihped1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:21 pm
Don't be me and cut yourself with a butter knife.

Literally one of the worst cuts I've ever had was from a butter knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David