Are we going to see any Cruwear this year?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Are we going to see any Cruwear this year?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I am curious Sal are we going to see any Cruwear releases this year? We are now 5 months in to the year almost half way through and no Cruwear.

I am looking specifically for a Cruwear Para3 and am wondering if it is ever going to be a thing again or not or if it is a case of buy on the secondary market.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Are we going to see any Cruwear this year?

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would love to know if a Cruwear Shaman is coming or not before the CF/S90V version drops. It would really help my decision making. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I suspect you will see a Cruwear Para 3 LW at some point. Maybe 2020 by the time it comes out though. There have already been 2 Cruwear G10 Para 3. I'd love to see one in DLC with the gray G10.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Millie
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

elena86 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:17 pm
Millie

Yes, we are way overdue for a CQI Cruwear Millie! Native and Native LW are the other two I have been waiting on forever.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I like to think that with all the Cruwear Nation hype last year that a bunch of dealers put in requests for exclusives that will start rolling out soon.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

It would be nice to have some confirmation.
blues

Post by blues »

Cru-Wear Millie would be nice...and, of course, a Cru-Wear Shaman.
- Retired from the chase -
attila

Post by attila »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm
I would love to know if a Cruwear Shaman is coming or not before the CF/S90V version drops. It would really help my decision making. :)
I spoke with the SFO today, and the fella I talked to had never heard of a micarta/Cruwear Shaman.

Unfortunately, i think that means that the CF/S90V is likely to show up first.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Doeswhateveraspidercan

What or who is the SFO. Spyderco Financial Officer?
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm
What or who is the SFO. Spyderco Financial Officer?
Spyderco Factory Outlet :cool:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

attila wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
I spoke with the SFO today, and the fella I talked to had never heard of a micarta/Cruwear Shaman.

If the Micarta/Cruwear is an exclusive, the SFO folks would not be talking about it, the news should come from the dealer. Probably the dealer's social media?

Sal mentioned a couple of Shaman exclusives for 2019.
Last edited by Enactive on Thu May 02, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

attila wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I wasn’t saying that I want the Cruwear to come out first. I just want to know if the cruwear is coming or not before the CF/S90V drops. If I pass an the CF/S90V version and the Cruwear never happens I will be bummed. Due to cost I have a feeling that we will not see a ton of variations of the awesome Shaman design.

Probably doesn’t matter much. At $280 I think the CF/S90V Shaman will be available for quite a while.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

elena86 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:17 pm
Millie
Already been done and there are way to many other steels that have never been used to redo the same ole same ole.

K390,10V or 15V.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Disagree 100% I own a Cruwear Millie and would easily purchase a CQI version. Other steels are welcome as well but Cruwear is quite special.

It is a pretty well established fact people want Cruwear, in many makes an models and do not want to be victimized by scalpers and flippers.

Make it Sal and we will purchase. :)
attila

Post by attila »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:47 pm
attila wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I wasn’t saying that I want the Cruwear to come out first. I just want to know if the cruwear is coming or not before the CF/S90V drops. If I pass an the CF/S90V version and the Cruwear never happens I will be bummed. Due to cost I have a feeling that we will not see a ton of variations of the awesome Shaman design.

Probably doesn’t matter much. At $280 I think the CF/S90V Shaman will be available for quite a while.
Sorry, I misread your post's meaning a bit.

I'm going to have faith that a less pricey sprint run and at least one exclusive will happen in time, and I'm hoping the next sprint is the Cruwear and micarta.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:18 pm
Disagree 100% I own a Cruwear Millie and would easily purchase a CQI version. Other steels are welcome as well but Cruwear is quite special.

It is a pretty well established fact people want Cruwear, in many makes an models and do not want to be victimized by scalpers and flippers.

Make it Sal and we will purchase. :)

+1 A CQI version of a Cruwear Military is a must-have for MANY forumites! We NEED this ASAP!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I really hope the S90V/CF Shaman isn't the compromise over the Cruwear/micarta version. I'd MUCH rather have the latter.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Yes! Cruwear Shaman and CQI Millie.

Might have to break out my OG Cruwear Millie.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

No interest in a another Cruwear Millie at all. Sprint/exclusive Millies haven't been selling well. It took 2 to 3 years to sell out the 204p and cf/ti s90v millies.

Surprisingly even the Rex45 Millie is still available with no scalping/flipping blah blah blah involved. Same with the 52100, still available 3 years later with no scalping/flipping blah blah blah involved

IMO Sprints should be new never used steels. That's what makes them special and unique