Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume Two Released!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume Two Released!

Post by vivi »

really excited for the Chief and Police LW! The waved byrds look cool too!
:unicorn
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Definitely in on the Chief and probably a P4LW. Maybe an Emphasis and the Harrier looks good too
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

Police lightweight and cara cara emerson opener are definitely on my list now!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

archangel wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Buy Urban AEB-L, sell my Urban N690Co, later on buy a Squeak to refill the N690Co spot. :) +1 steel ;)
Forget the squeak, get the Pits my bro.

Also, is it me or are these reveals letting me do an on anything from Taiwan.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

WOW! And I mean W O W ! THANK YOU everyone at Spyderco! I am truly amazed and impressed :)

Look at the beautiful workmanship of those blades and handles and locks, wow. The Byrd Emerson Cara Cara is exquisite and that Police 4 and Sage Light weight, wow! :)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Now I also see what many of you mean by such a great design for the Endela. That is a great folder.
brj

Post by brj »

Vivi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:31 pm
really excited for the Chief and Police LW!
Same here, the plan would be to get both (no surprise here, huh :) ).
I also like a lot the z-cuts, they seem to share the same handle design as the Vic fruit & vegetables knives that I've been using for quite a while with great results, looking forward to getting a serrated pair in red & yellow
Great stuff, Spyderco
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

The shaman will be mine! Maybe the chief as well, though I’ll probably wait until a sprint comes out, as the manix xl serves my needs perfectly for the size range and steel. I got bit by the collector bug from the moment I held my first shaman, so I’m probably going to end up collecting most shaman variants. First time that’s happened to me :p .

Anyone know when the shaman is likely to be released? I want to plan ahead of time so I can be ready to buy the minute they are up for sale.
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Nice catalog! Native Chief for me.
Peter
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Thanks!

Is there also a price-list for the new models available? :confused:
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Peter1960 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 am
Thanks!

All models are already listed on the Spyderco page, including prices.
knifecenter has a whole page with all the models of the "Reveal" Volume 2, including their (as usual much lower) prices. I´d post a direct link, but the last two times I did so here I was blocked from the forum for a few days by some spam-guard, so I don´t dare, sorry!

EDIT: No European dealers list the "Reveal, Vol 2" - models" though as of right now, so just dollar, no Euro prices (as I know you are from beautiful Austria like myself too :) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

Peter1960 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 am
Thanks!

https://www.countryknives.com/brand/spy ... esc%3Ameta

For all the kitchen knife prices.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone:
Pricing can be found in the same link. If you click on the "hamburger" menu, and then "Attachments" you can download a PDF file with pricing.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

Insistent is a must try.
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

Is it uncertain now if a K390 Police LW will be a thing? Could've sworn I read somewhere that it was, I really sure hope it still is :(

Really looking forward to seeing how Spyderco does with that AEB-L too, if they managed to get it to perform even better than the 52100, that would be really special for sure. Hopefully this is a sign of more to come, I think a tough stainless option that also performs decently well edgewise would be more than welcomed by a lot of people. Does anyone know which factories/countries would potentially be producing future AEB-L models?
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

Sal has stated the plan is to start with the VG10 Police lightweight, then if sales are good enough to a blue handled k390 run and a green handled zdp run.

Sales will have to be there though. Rewind a decade and there was talk about a Ti/ZDP Police 3 and that never materialized.

That's the thing about holding out for sprints. If not enough people buy a base model, we might not get a sprint.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Vivi wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm
Sal has stated the plan is to start with the VG10 Police lightweight, then if sales are good enough to a blue handled k390 run and a green handled zdp run.

Sales will have to be there though. Rewind a decade and there was talk about a Ti/ZDP Police 3 and that never materialized.

That's the thing about holding out for sprints. If not enough people buy a base model, we might not get a sprint.

Some models they really just need to skip the whole black s30v/vg-10 and go straight to a more appropriate/desirable color and steel. This is a prime example. I feel like the Manix Backlock would have fared better as well with something like a grey/Cruwear as the base model. Everyone held out for an exclusive and then it got disco'd. I hate to say it but to me that is a poor strategy because you have sunk all of that money into R&D on a new model only to have it fizzle due to it being the 1000th black S30V/VG-10 model.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

I agree, I'd be picking up a good handful of knives aside from the P4 if they had released those new models in anything other than black G10 and VG10. Im sure there are probably good reasons why they do that we just aren't aware of though.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

youmakemehole wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 pm
I agree, I'd be picking up a good handful of knives aside from the P4 if they had released those new models in anything other than black G10 and VG10. Im sure there are probably good reasons why they do that we just aren't aware of though.
My guess is because g10/vg10 has broad appeal, as it keeps costs lower than higher end steels, people can sharpen it easily, its stainless, etc.

A lot of folks don't like sharpening stuff like S110V. A lot of people prefer stainless to carbon steels. Picking something like 51200 or Maxamet for an initial run of a knife could put a large portion of the customer base off the model.

I know the K390 in the Police 4 kept me from buying one initially, because having it in my pocket this time of year is causing rust to build up on the blade. So I'm really looking forward to a VG10 P4 with liners that are less exposed to corrosive elements.

I'm glad I ended up buying the K390 Police but it sucks having a $200 pocket knife that is only practical to carry half the year due to my hot climate.