Hunt for orange

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ATC729

Hunt for orange

Post by ATC729 »

I have recently gotten bit by the :spyder: My first Spyderco was a Delica 4 and I love it! I have since decided that I wanted to have a collection of orange scaled knives. My only orange knife at the moment is a Dragonfly. I don't know if I'll be able to acquire ALL of the orange Spydercos because I'm like Ben from Blade HQ (a cheap sucker). I have found out about Cutlery Shoppe and their orange exclusives. So my question to all of you knowledgeable folks, do you think they will do an orange Para 3 LW? Also, how long do you think we will have to wait before we see one? Mostly wanted to know time because I have the itch for an orange Endura but don't want to spend my dollars if an orange FRN Para 3 is on the horizon. Thanks in advance!
JD Spydo

Re: Hunt for orange

Post by JD Spydo »

I would highly recommend that you hunt down an "Orange Dodo" model. Oh it's going to cost a pretty penny but if you can get one for under $200 it still would be a great addition for any serious collection. That is an interesting idea to collect all of Spyderco's "ORANGE" handled units>> but I would expand that to collect all of the nuclear colors minus the nuclear Yellow units because most of those Yellow handled units are pretty common with the exception of the older, yellow handled CATCHERMAN.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

If BURNT orange also is "orange" to you: I'd highly recommend (one or more) of the HAP40 sprints Stretch, Endura, Delica, Dragonfly (for me personally in that exact order).
Not really cheap though and maybe not too easy to find, but great steel plus great color (I have Endura and Stretch of that series).

EDIT: And welcome to the forum! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ATC729 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 am
I have recently gotten bit by the :spyder: My first Spyderco was a Delica 4 and I love it! I have since decided that I wanted to have a collection of orange scaled knives. My only orange knife at the moment is a Dragonfly. I don't know if I'll be able to acquire ALL of the orange Spydercos because I'm like Ben from Blade HQ (a cheap sucker). I have found out about Cutlery Shoppe and their orange exclusives. So my question to all of you knowledgeable folks, do you think they will do an orange Para 3 LW? Also, how long do you think we will have to wait before we see one? Mostly wanted to know time because I have the itch for an orange Endura but don't want to spend my dollars if an orange FRN Para 3 is on the horizon. Thanks in advance!

I 100% think that Cutlery Shoppe is going to do an Orange Para 3 LW in CTS-XHP! I heard a rumor that there were at least 10 Para 3 LW exclusives in the works, so I guess the question of "when?" depends on how high up on the list they are. Could be soon and could be 2020. But I definitely expect one at some point. Likely both Satin and DLC coated versions.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think they will do the orange Para3LW. I hope it is XHP and not S90V. Hard to say when?

I have the orange Delica and orange ManixLW. I carry one or the other when camping or hiking.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:14 am
If BURNT orange also is "orange" to you: I'd highly recommend (one or more) of the HAP40 sprints Stretch, Endura, Delica, Dragonfly (for me personally in that exact order).
Not really cheap though and maybe not too easy to find, but great steel plus great color (I have Endura and Stretch of that series).

EDIT: And welcome to the forum! :)
I had thought about including burnt orange, but in comparison to the safety orange, it just looked brown. But who knows, if I find one for a good deal, I might snag it!
steelcity16 wrote:
ATC729 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 am

I 100% think that Cutlery Shoppe is going to do an Orange Para 3 LW in CTS-XHP! I heard a rumor that there were at least 10 Para 3 LW exclusives in the works, so I guess the question of "when?" depends on how high up on the list they are. Could be soon and could be 2020. But I definitely expect one at some point. Likely both Satin and DLC coated versions.
I would be all for both versions! I guess I should just save money so I'm ready! Hahaha
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have an orange Dragonfly, actually 2 of them. I also have the orange Cutlery Shoppe Manix 2 LW that gets a lot of carry time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ferider

Post by ferider »

Have an orange S90V Manix 2 LW, I can warmly recommend it. I really like S90V.

Burnt orange G10 scales as on Rex 45 Para[23] and Military are nice, but gets dirty very easily in my experience. Just saying.

Not interested in the LW PM3 myself, so sorry cann't chime in on schedule.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ferider wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:41 am

Burnt orange G10 scales as on Rex 45 Para[23] and Military are nice, but gets dirty very easily in my experience. Just saying.
Burnt orange FRN scales do not in my experience (never had burnt orange in G10)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I would bet money that Cutlery Shoppe will do a Para 3 exclusive.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Cutlery shoppe replied to my comment on their Instagram page hinting they would do an orange para 3 lw. They said the steel hasn’t been determined yet.

So rest assured, it’s coming.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:06 pm
Cutlery shoppe replied to my comment on their Instagram page hinting they would do an orange para 3 lw. They said the steel hasn’t been determined yet.

So rest assured, it’s coming.
YES! I suppose since they haven't determined a steel then I probably have time to purchase that orange Endura first? :D
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I love the CS orange, it's really great compared to burned orange G10

Both get dirty very easy but clean easy too
2019-04-17-(3web.jpg
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I have the Orange CS TENACIOUS and would love to add to my Halloween knife collection haha!
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm
I have the Orange CS TENACIOUS and would love to add to my Halloween knife collection haha!
I've gone back and forth about getting the Tenacious. It checks a lot of boxes for me, it's orange and cheap! But I'm just not to sure about if I should get it or not.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm
In that case you definitely have to go BURNT orange... a real "pumpkin-color"... ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
So jealous of that Manix!
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

I wouldn't wait. Just get the Endura and enjoy!
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

I too love the orange. So much so that I dyed the Natural G 10 scales on my M4 ParaMilitary 2 orange.

Here’s my Manix 2, Delica, and Dragonfly

As for the orange PM3LW, who knows. Maybe next year. Maybe the year after that.

One thing you will learn as a Spyder collector is patience.

That orange Manix 2 was hinted about for years before it came out.