Favorite vendor

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crux

Re: Favorite vendor

Post by Crux »

I like Knife Center as I already have bonus points there but I will actually buy from any dealer that releases a Para 3 custom.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

St Nick's knives is great and they have my favorite exclusive in the Red G10/DLC 4V (hopefully this becomes a whole family of knives like BHQ Jade G10/M4). I will always look to them first now and forever!

BHQ is great as well and I love their exclusive Jade G10/M4 series, especially the DLC versions. Anxiously awaiting the DLC M4 Shaman, Manix XL, Lil Native, and hopefully we see some M4 exclusives of the Para 3 LW, Native LW, and Manix LW (CQI's with screw construction by then hopefully).

Cutlery Shoppe is my other go-to. I love the Orange CTS-XHP exclusive series (c'mon Orange/DLC CTS-XHP Native and Millie!!). They also throw in pens and mini tootsie roll pops and have free shipping without meeting a $99 minimum like some dealers.

So basically even if it is not an exclusive, i'll try to buy through one of these dealers to support them and help ensure we see great exclusives for years to come!

I've also had no issues with DLT, KW, KC, and even Amazon. On hard to find sprint runs you may not have a choice.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

KnifeCenter.
Extremely helpful staff, extremely fast shipping and I love the points you get for buying. I wound up with a $50 credit before too long. That's nice......
PStone

Post by PStone »

Since we don’t have a dealer feedback thread I’ll post here. This past Friday, around midnight, I placed an order at cutlery shoppe for a brown s35vn dlc para3. I was not expecting it to be shipped out until today. So when I got my tracking email today, no biggie. I go on with my morning as usual. I go home for lunch. I have a package from cutlery shoppe in my mailbox! It’s that order I placed at midnight Friday! Wow! That means they got the order, pulled it, packaged it, AND had it to the post office, all on a Saturday! Kudos to cutlery shoppe. My new favorite dealer. :spyder:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:32 pm
Since we don’t have a dealer feedback thread I’ll post here. This past Friday, around midnight, I placed an order at cutlery shoppe for a brown s35vn dlc para3. I was not expecting it to be shipped out until today. So when I got my tracking email today, no biggie. I go on with my morning as usual. I go home for lunch. I have a package from cutlery shoppe in my mailbox! It’s that order I placed at midnight Friday! Wow! That means they got the order, pulled it, packaged it, AND had it to the post office, all on a Saturday! Kudos to cutlery shoppe. My new favorite dealer. :spyder:

I had the same experience a few weeks ago! They are fantastic!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

My top 3 go-to vendors right now are as follows:

DLT-- super fast shipping, rewards points, stickers
CUTLERY SHOPPE--super fast shipping, best prices, awesome orange exclusives, pens, stickers, lollipops
BHQ--my last resort....

It's a tough business...gotta go the extra mile even if its lollipop pens and stickers!!
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

How about vendors for us in Europe?
So far, from all you've mentioned I've worked with Knifecenter. All precise, but DHL and customs kill all the joy.
From other sources, local retailer, ebay and Amazon, since there are not many sources that i know of here.

Edit: grammar fail
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

pantagana23 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:08 pm
How about vendors for us in Europe?
So far, from all you've mentioned I've worked with Knifecenter. All precise, but DHL and customs kill all the joy.
From other sources, local retailer, ebay and Amazon, since there are not many sources that i know of here.

Edit: grammar fail
I don't buy much from within the EU, but when i do it's usually from https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com/ or https://www.lamnia.com/
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 pm
I've dealt with GP Knives out of Illinois and have had great luck dealing with them about 5 times or so. But the one dealer I've really loved to do business with and still like them better than anyone else I can recommend>> and I'm speaking of "NEW GRAHAM" knives in Pennsylvania. I've had nothing but pleasant dealings with them and the two times I had to speak to them to get stuff returned or to get an order corrected they are just great people. For that reason I just don't really look anywhere else. I've pretty much just used NEW GRAHAM and GP and no one else since 2004.

The two times I've special ordered anything from New Graham they were perfect and their staff is nothing short of excellent. Case Closed ;)
I love New Graham too....but they are in Bluefield, Virginia
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Another Vote For GPKnives.

They got me my Para 3 Lightweight in two days.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

GPKnives for me all day. Great folks. Over the years I have done business with and trust... Knifeworks, New Graham Knives, CutleryShoppe, BladeOps, Knifecenter, KnivesShipFree, and a few others.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
krsmitty

Post by krsmitty »

Walmart...Easy return if you change your mind. Free shipping if over $35.00. Two day shipping on many items. Where I have bought 90% of my knives over the years.
gigem95

Post by gigem95 »

DLT Trading has had incredibly fast shipping when I've used them. Purchased a Para 3 LW late Friday night, and it arrived by noon on Monday with their standard shipping. Love their rewards program as well.

Blade HQ, Knife Center, GP Knives are all great dealers to use as well.