Anyone else got the shakes??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Anyone else got the shakes??

Post by steelcity16 »

It's been too long since there has been a release I was interested in. I need BHQ to announce an M4 Manix XL or Lil Native...or at least the DLC Shaman! Or St Nicks to drop another Red G10/4V exclusive! Or Cutlery Shoppe to do an Orange G10 Native in DLC CTS-XHP. Give me somethin I can use! :D

Kind of joking since the DLC M4 Native was only 47 days ago on March 8th, but not really...that's a long time for an addict! :(
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
cycleguy

Re: Anyone else got the shakes??

Post by cycleguy »

Hang in there guy!!! A Para 3 and a Meercat drop should be happening soon; then another reveal!!! Should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel about now.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

cycleguy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 am
Hang in there guy!!! A Para 3 and a Meercat drop should be happening soon; then another reveal!!! Should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel about now.

CG
Somebody on /r/knifeclub said they were charged for their Para 3 LW pre-order at Blade HQ.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

No shakes for me. I've been knife sober for a couple months now. I'm happy to be coasting along with the abundant stash I have :) I've actually been carrying the same knife for a couple days in a row at times.

^ that said, I am looking forward to receiving my Para 3 LW and the BM Mini Crooked River I won over on BF.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

No shakes here. Red g10 ukpk fixed me up. Also picked up a production serge coin claw. Otherwise, it’s been quiet for a little while. Tempted by the serrated para3 lightweight, but not convinced yet.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I want a Para 3 LW but I am holding out for the onslaught of exclusives. I heard a rumor that there are at least 10 exclusives in the works. Wouldn't surprise me. I hope there is some 3V, 4V, and Cruwear somewhere in that mix.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yes I get the shakes from time to time, but I did just order a Para 3 Lightweight so the shakes have subsided for now
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jdw

Post by jdw »

GPK has the Para 3 LW in stock.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
anycal

Post by anycal »

I am doing pretty good too. I haven't thguob anything since last year... I did find myself in possession of the new G10 UKPK and Ikuchi... and some Spyderco stones. But otherwise nothing :D

I am going to skip the Para 3 LW; already cancelled the pre-order. Lost interest for some reason. Nothing else on the radar from the official reveal notification.

From what has been talked about, Chief and LW Caly have my interest. Hoping for a new Shaman run. Always ready for something brand new on the PM2 and Native 5 G10 front.

OK, starting to shake a little bit....
Peter
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

anycal wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:03 pm
I am going to skip the Para 3 LW; already cancelled the pre-order. Lost interest for some reason. Nothing else on the radar from the official reveal notification.

I'm in the same boat as you Peter. Very tempted to cancel my pre-order as well. That HH UKPK has really hit the spot for me. Though I am tempted to get the Para 3 just to test it out, see how I like it and probably turn right back around and sell it. If I do like it, I will await the onslaught of sprints and exclusives that will soon follow and grab whichever is most appealing to me. Standard run will just be a trial.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
anycal

Post by anycal »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:17 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Peter. Very tempted to cancel my pre-order as well. That HH UKPK has really hit the spot for me. Though I am tempted to get the Para 3 just to test it out, see how I like it and probably turn right back around and sell it. If I do like it, I will await the onslaught of sprints and exclusives that will soon follow and grab whichever is most appealing to me. Standard run will just be a trial.
Same here, tempted, especially by the SE. Maybe later on.

Someone noted on BF that there is a good chance of dealer exclusives. Perhaps that will be my way in.
Peter
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

anycal wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:25 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:17 pm

Same here, tempted, especially by the SE. Maybe later on.

Someone noted on BF that there is a good chance of dealer exclusives. Perhaps that will be my way in.
I've considered cancelling my pre-order too but then I remember that I've been wanting to try BDN1. I'm also wanting to try a Para 3 with a wire clip. So the standard production version is fine. Not sure how much I'll get caught up in the exclusive thing. As much as I like a variety of colors and steels it turns out I'm ok with the basic black version.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yea I got a bit carried away with the Para 3 explosion last year. Came to senses that I really didn't need 6 different G10 versions of the knife. If I like this one, I may end up with only 1 or 2...I hope
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Man, I forgot that base model Para 3 LW was only $91! :eek: What have you guys been adding to your carts to get over that $99 free shipping bump?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 pm
Man, I forgot that base model Para 3 LW was only $91! :eek: What have you guys been adding to your carts to get over that $99 free shipping bump?
Nothing, bc I have to pay sales tax. Out the door $102 for me from knives plus with base shipping charge and sales tax.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SchizoidHorse9

Post by SchizoidHorse9 »

I managed to hold it together by finally picking up a Smock (I see what all the hype has been about, it's a fun knife). I also have managed to pick up the ZT 0801ti Sprint in m390 with the blue ano handle. And just over the last 3 weeks I've also added the BM Bailout, the Ikuchi, and the DLC M4/Jade Yojimbo.

So basically I'll have the shakes again by Saturday. ;)
Current Spydies:

Blurple S110v PM2, KW Green CTS-204p PM2, DLT Tan Satin 20cv PM2, DLT Red m390 PM2, BBS Blue Satin m390 PM2, DLT Red 20cv Manix2, BHQ Jade M4 Military, BHQ Jade M4 Yojimbo2, BHQ Jade M4 Native5, St. Nick's Red DLC 4v Lil Native Compression, Carbon Fiber s90v Shaman Sprint, LC200n Waterway, Blue-Gray V-Toku2 Endura Sprint, Purple Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Spydiechef, Ikuchi, Smock, Gayle Bradley 2, Sheepsfoot Caribbean PE, Dogtag Carbon Fiber, Red Check Tenacious, Cara Cara 2.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The cure for shakes in between spyder hits is aftermarket customization :D Scales, clips, blade finishes, regrinds, you name it. Got some Python Micarta scales with a lanyard hole delete and the extra screw holes removed on the way myself :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

Nope. I'm happy with my collection, it serves me well.

I'd buy an M4 DLC Manix XL though :)
:unicorn
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I use to not be able to go for more then one week without having to impulsively buy a new knife. I’m doing pretty good now, I haven’t bought a new knife since February and I’m trying to keep my cool :)
Josh
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I am getting a bit antsy... would like to see Manix XL in M4, K390, or 4V... or Manix 2 in K390 or 4V... CF would be nice. I think I'd like to handle some of the new and coming lightweights in person though, before buying. May have to take a trip to my "local" 50-mile-away store. The lightwt Police will be very tempting in any of the prospective steels.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.