No POLICE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
redhawk44357

No POLICE

Post by redhawk44357 »

I have 3 stainless spyderco knives an enduro, a Delica and a hawkbill. All are SE and I want to add a PE stainless to the mix. I have been looking at the Police but my main turn off is the POLICE logo on the blade. Is there a way to remove it? Or is there an alternative model that will suit my purpose? These are what I carry when dressed up. Formal ya know!!
Pelagic

Re: No POLICE

Post by Pelagic »

I'd probably buff it off with a dremmel with a buffing bit/attachment and diamond compound. Then just refinish the entire blade.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

There is the Rookie, pretty much a 'lil police. You can get stainless version, though discontinued, for not too crazy a price. If you are looking for more length that endura is the closest thing. Buffing as mentioned above might give you what you are looking for easiest though.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Police 4?

The P4 doesn't have that logo, and in my opinion it's hands down better than the predecessors. Do you need to have SS?

I don't think the P3 had the logo either, but I'd definitely go for the upgrade to K390 if it was me.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The P3 and P4 (this!) are the way to go. True they do not have that old dagger like blade shape, but I think they are better for it.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Since you seem to like FRN, maybe you can wait for the Police FRN lightweight that was revealed. I think that's going to be in VG-10. The sample we saw did not have the POLICE logo. The downside here is you might be waiting a year or more.
vivi

Post by vivi »

It would only take five minutes to sand it off. Going vertical will make it match the factory finish better.
:unicorn
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I usually dislike any logos beyond the Spyderco logo on my blades but I kinda like the Police and older Military graphics. Anything can be ground off if you know what you're doing or willing to pay someone to do it for you. You'll likely also lose the bug logo, otherwise the scratch pattern will be very difficult to blend. Then you'll just be trading a logo you don't like for an ugly grind.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 am
Since you seem to like FRN, maybe you can wait for the Police FRN lightweight that was revealed. I think that's going to be in VG-10. The sample we saw did not have the POLICE logo. The downside here is you might be waiting a year or more.
I thought Sal said he wanted to run the lightweight in both K390 and VG-10, but I'd have to dig up the thread and check.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 am
I usually dislike any logos beyond the Spyderco logo on my blades but I kinda like the Police and older Military graphics. Anything can be ground off if you know what you're doing or willing to pay someone to do it for you. You'll likely also lose the bug logo, otherwise the scratch pattern will be very difficult to blend. Then you'll just be trading a logo you don't like for an ugly grind.
It's childs play to remove the lettering without damaging the spider logo using sandpaper. Go straight up and down and its easy to keep it fairly close to the factory grind lines.
:unicorn
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If I'm reading your post correctly, and you're limiting yourself to all stainless models, there's really not much else in the current lineup beyond the ones you already have, and the Police. If you find the Police's markings that offensive, you could keep an eye on eBay for one of the older SS models that were available in PE, like the Hunter, Standard, Calypso Jr., Rookie, Kiwi, Scorpius, Lava, or Adventura. Or, you can get a PE Police and attempt to buff the laser etched lettering off the blade. It can be done, but it can also leave the blade looking like something's been removed from it. Or, you can haunt eBay for a PE Police from one of the few years Spyderco did not put POLICE in the blade.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:49 am
BornIn1500 wrote:
I thought Sal said he wanted to run the lightweight in both K390 and VG-10, but I'd have to dig up the thread and check.
The Police hasn't been a huge seller, so we will only see the FRN model in K390 if the sales on the VG10 model are worth the investment. Sal wants to ultimately make the Police FRN in 3 steels; VG10, Zdp-189, and K390. Again, if the VG10 frn sales are enough to warrant more steel choices.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Albatross wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:11 am
TomAiello wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:49 am
BornIn1500 wrote:
The Police hasn't been a huge seller, so we will only see the FRN model in K390 if the sales on the VG10 model are worth the investment. Sal wants to ultimately make the Police FRN in 3 steels; VG10, Zdp-189, and K390. Again, if the VG10 frn sales are enough to warrant more steel choices.
Where did you get that info from? last I read on these forums VG10 in light weight was coming out first.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Where did you get that info from? last I read on these forums VG10 in light weight was coming out first.

That's what he said. If the VG10 sales are strong, it might get K390 in the future. I can see how the way he wrote it could have been confusing, though. I had to read it twice.