Have you noticed?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Have you noticed?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Has anyone noticed the longer we go without some new releases the more tense the forum gets?

Hurry up Sal & Eric this slow reveal and release is building a powder Keg here!

Just look at some of the recent posts and topics. Need some sprints, need PARATA!!!!
Extra330SC

Re: Have you noticed?

Post by Extra330SC »

Not really! Is that how you feel? Looks like your personal feelings are oozing into your SUBJECTIVE view of the forum! :)

James
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Extra330SC wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:17 am
Not really! Is that how you feel? Looks like your personal feelings are oozing into your SUBJECTIVE view of the forum! :)

James
If you say so :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I haven’t noticed much of a change in that regard. I will say that I miss Sal’s casual bombshell comments more than anything.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Well aybe I am just impatient but it sure seems to me like folks are spinning up some more interesting topics and more controversial than usual.

I find myself missing Sal's bombshells also and the hey look this is out here and wow that's coming out excitement topics.

For example no heartbeat on the Parata can't wait for that to drop!

No word on anymore cruwear anything etc... and so on. Last year was a blizzard of sprints and exciting releases this year pretty tame by comparison.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don’t think that the new reveal program is the reason that the tone of the forum has changed. The tone started changing before that happened.

As far as speeeding things up goes? Man, I can barely keep up sometimes and I already have too many knives. I’ll take slow and steady myself. ;) It can be nice sometimes to get a break so I can enjoy the knives I have and maybe catch up on the wishlist. I still haven’t even grabbed a Kapara yet.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:57 am
No word on anymore cruwear anything etc... and so on. Last year was a blizzard of sprints and exciting releases this year pretty tame by comparison.
I dunno about 'tame'... Maybe anticipation was already great, but Native Chief and Police LW! Many folks are very eager for these. (Edit) Oh how did I forget the Para3 LW?

I know, maybe you're unhappy about LW construction, so I feel you. I happen to like both light and heavy. There will be more heavyweights coming too, I'd guess. Or buy a Chinook 4 if you don't already have one? Some great classics are still available. Or focus on how to streamline and refine your collection? :D
Last edited by Enactive on Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think last year we were just bombarded with Para 3 and PM2 sprints and exclusives, that we became accustomed to a new release every few weeks.

Things do seem a bit slower this year, and that's fine by me. Helps save up some cash!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doeswhateveraspidercan

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 pm
I think last year we were just bombarded with Para 3 and PM2 sprints and exclusives, that we became accustomed to a new release every few weeks.

Things do seem a bit slower this year, and that's fine by me. Helps save up some cash!
Yeah that's it, and it was awesome I missed out on many last year due to cash having to be watched as a divorce was finalizing.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Well, I’m cool as a cucumber after HH surprised us with that red UKPK. I still have several on my list to pick up when I can. Subvert, wolfspyder, 52100 para3, opus...
My collection will probably never be done. It’s ok, I like the surprises.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

As others have said, it seemed to me that the past year saw a tremendous number of Sprints and Exclusives, as well as a goodly amount of new models. Maybe Spyderco is simply recharging it's batteries for the next round lol.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

I was browsing around last night and I noticed that all the retailers now have the Parata as a listing, some available for presale as typical. Seems like it could be soon!!!! Suuuper stoked for this knife :D
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
ferider

Post by ferider »

I think wold peace will come when they’ll finally release a Cruwear Manix XL.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

ferider wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:27 pm
😁

Happy Easter Everyone!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:59 pm
ferider wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:27 pm
😁

Happy Easter Everyone!
To you as well!

Are you hoping for some form of Lc200N Stretch also?
ferider

Post by ferider »

Happy Easter !