Will the Para 3 LW come in colors and BD1N?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Will the Para 3 LW come in colors and BD1N?

Post by Catamount123 »

It seems there will be many exclusives/sprints of this model. What I'm wondering is, will there be any versions with a handle color other than black, in the standard BD1N steel, like the Delica and Endura? One of the main reasons I want one is to try BD1N. I'd much prefer the handle in a color other than black, though.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
cycleguy

Re: Will the Para 3 LW come in colors and BD1N?

Post by cycleguy »

BD1N is available on the UK Penknife in leaf and drop point blade shapes with black frn handle; and is a less costly alternative to the para 3 LW if it will work for you. It is the direction I recently went as I wasn't aware of it before. I'll likely be able to pass on the para 3 lw as I am now getting my fill of BD1N.

CG
Attachments
UK Penknife 2016 90.JPG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Nice! I've been wanting one of those. Did you get that directly from Spyderco, or other vendor? Thx.
cycleguy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:09 pm
BD1N is available on the UK Penknife in leaf and drop point blade shapes with black frn handle; and is a less costly alternative to the para 3 LW if it will work for you. It is the direction I recently went as I wasn't aware of it before. I'll likely be able to pass on the para 3 lw as I am now getting my fill of BD1N.

CG
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Apart from the Delica and Endura, colors appear to be reserved for sprints/exclusives and for special permanent knives like the "blurple" S110V knives. It would be great if they were offered in the same colors as the Delica/Endura in the main line up, but it doesn't seem likely unless they're sprints/exclusives. Zome would be great in the Golden made knives as well.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Enactive wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:27 pm
Nice! I've been wanting one of those. Did you get that directly from Spyderco, or other vendor? Thx.
cycleguy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:09 pm

CG
From SFO.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I wish they had a locking ukpk and urban
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

A locking UPKP is a Calypso, not sure which one... I guess a locking Urban would be a Dragonfly?
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 pm
A locking UPKP is a Calypso, not sure which one... I guess a locking Urban would be a Dragonfly?
Yeah I guess the Caly 3 is the same but I don't care for the dragonfly handle but the urban handle is nice to use
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

I kinda wish Spyderco would make the standard color white or very pale gray on all FRN handle knives so we could just Rit dye them whatever color we want.
fixall

Post by fixall »

ugaarguy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 pm
I kinda wish Spyderco would make the standard color white or very pale gray on all FRN handle knives so we could just Rit dye them whatever color we want.
I’d hate to have to dye my scales every time they got all scratched up and the white/light gray started poking through.