LC200N Ikuchi Salt - The folding steak knife I have been dreaming of!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

LC200N Ikuchi Salt - The folding steak knife I have been dreaming of!

Post by steelcity16 »

How about an LC200N Ikuchi Salt in peel ply G10? This would make a great "folding steak knife" that would be perfect for food prep on the go! Lunches in the office, taking to picnics and cookouts, taking to restaurants to cut up food for the kids since a lot of fast food and fast casual places only have plastic flatware. And it looks like a steak knife so you don't have to worry about frightening people carving up your food in a fancy restaurant with a scary tactical assault knife! :rolleyes:

Having it in full Salt form would allow for worry free cleanup. You could fold it up with food still on it and wash it later at home, or wash in the restroom and put in your pocket wet. No worries. No rust. Total awesomeness!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Catamount123

Re: LC200N Ikuchi Salt - The folding steak knife I have been dreaming of!

Post by Catamount123 »

Not sure if this is likely to happen, but I would definitely be up for one.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Id get one.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
brj

Post by brj »

I'd pretty much get any variant of the Ikuchi
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Down for it!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Ti integral compression, LC200N Ikuchi would be sweet.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

I would definitely pick one up, but while you wait, why not use your S30v Ikuchi for the same purpose?? I cut up my 3 year old daughters lunches with it everyday since It arrived, and sometimes wait hours to even rinse it at all. Yesterday I opened it up and it was still gummy from pear and tomato juice. ZERO corrosion or rust. You would be surprised with the corrosion resistance of S30V. I think it is a great steel for this knife.
strongdad

Post by strongdad »

Count me in as well
paulwa

Post by paulwa »

The Ikuchi does make for a nice little steak knife, I’ve used it a couple times at dinner. Even Eric mentioned at Shot Show that he would probably try it in that role once they were released. So who knows, maybe he’s thinking the same thing as the OP. It would also be awesome and appropriate to have a Salt version of a knife named after a mythological water creature.

LC200N would be an awesome steel for this version of the Ikuchi. For the handle scales, keeping the steak knife theme but preserving the waterproof angle, I’d go for teak wood.

Now we just need a big dealer/distributor to make an exclusive like this happen...
- Paul
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Would buy! At least one!! Paul, maybe your maker's mark could go on a wood scale.
paulwa wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:17 pm
The Ikuchi does make for a nice little steak knife, I’ve used it a couple times at dinner. Even Eric mentioned at Shot Show that he would probably try it in that role once they were released. So who knows, maybe he’s thinking the same thing as the OP. It would also be awesome and appropriate to have a Salt version of a knife named after a mythological water creature.

LC200N would be an awesome steel for this version of the Ikuchi. For the handle scales, keeping the steak knife theme but preserving the waterproof angle, I’d go for teak wood.

Now we just need a big dealer/distributor to make an exclusive like this happen...
- Paul
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

paulwa wrote:

- Paul

+100 let's get this made!
~andrew
prsman

Post by prsman »

Please get this knife made! I’d also be very down with a PM2 salt in mustard yellow g10 🤜
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

prsman wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:40 pm
Please get this knife made! I’d also be very down with a PM2 salt in semi translucent day glow yellow g10.

fixed that for you :D

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

paulwa wrote:

- Paul

It seems to be a VERY popular knife so I assume some dealers will do some exclusives. I'd love a G10 LC200N Salt. Im sure plenty would buy a wood handle Salt as well. My vote is for G10 though. Hopefully both get made!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

+1

and Cruwear.

Ikuchi is the new PM2 and PM3 believe what I be saying!! Or don’t and lose money.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

paulwa wrote:

- Paul

This would be fantastic!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:28 am
Ti integral compression, LC200N Ikuchi would be sweet.
This guy must be a genius!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

brj wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am
I'd pretty much get any variant of the Ikuchi
+1
paulwa wrote:

- Paul
Would love this! G10 seems a more realistic option for handles from a production standpoint. I'd take one in Rex 45 too! If they can make 100 version of the PM2 why not the Ikuchi?
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.