First time spyderco owner--love it!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

First time spyderco owner--love it!

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Hello every one, I just joined the forum tonight and this is my first post of many I'm sure. I have been soaking up the knowledge on this forum for the last week or two and have since that time purchased my first ever knife over the $50 dollar Mark--a PM2 black s30v!! My co-workers all carry various different spydercos and love showing them off. I felt a little left out when all I had to show them was my trusted kershaw clash I think? Had it over ten years amazingly and never lost it or broke it. Actually passed it down to my 15 the old daughter for her first knife. The PM2 fit me like no other folder I ever owned. I really admire this knife for the rugged build quality and lifetime warranty plus it looks cool. Very happy so far and will continue to test my new edc. I actually picked up a back up PM2 in s110v blue g10. To round out the trio I picked up a dragonfly 2 H1 salt serrated!!! .....I wonder what will come home next??
Wartstein

Re: First time spyderco owner--love it!

Post by Wartstein »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Hello every one, I just joined the forum tonight and this is my first post of many I'm sure. I have been soaking up the knowledge on this forum for the last week or two and have since that time purchased my first ever knife over the $50 dollar Mark--a PM2 black s30v!! My co-workers all carry various different spydercos and love showing them off. I felt a little left out when all I had to show them was my trusted kershaw clash I think? Had it over ten years amazingly and never lost it or broke it. Actually passed it down to my 15 the old daughter for her first knife. The PM2 fit me like no other folder I ever owned. I really admire this knife for the rugged build quality and lifetime warranty plus it looks cool. Very happy so far and will continue to test my new edc. I actually picked up a back up PM2 in s110v blue g10. To round out the trio I picked up a dragonfly 2 H1 salt serrated!!! .....I wonder what will come home next??
Welcome to the forum! Really nice choices for first Spydercos, and real classics... ;)
I have had quite a few Spydies over the years, but never a PM2 till quite recently. Always thought I would not like it too much (without ever having handled one to be honest).
Then Zatx, a forum-member, very kindly gifted one to me, and what can I say... I am really surprised how much I like that knife. Still I am preferring backlocks and especially my Stretch 1s, but really not by much...

Enjoy your Spydies, looking forward to reading more of your thoughts on the knives!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum Cowboy!

It's a slippery slope. :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Welcome to the forum!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Cowboy,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, and enjoy your GOOD knives. :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Welcome aboard!

Is your username a Pantera reference??
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Welcome to the community!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Welcome and be careful looks like the Spyder has already Bitten you.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Welcome and congrats on your new acquisitions! I have several PM2 in various popular steels but the s110v really caught me by surprise, I am loving it. Hope it serves you well too (and your s30v is no slouch either).
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Welcome Cowboy!
The Meat man wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 am
It's a slippery slope. :D
Haha Yep! It's hard to stop sliding once you get going too. :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Welcome and glad you are here! Congratulations on your PM2 purchase. You are now the proud owner of a knife made by the best knife making company on the planet (IMHO).
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
BigKenbo

Post by BigKenbo »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Big congratulations to you for your first Spyderco, and your daughter for her first Kershaw! Welcome to the family and the forum. Lots of really great people here.
Native 5 S110V G10 and LW. S90V LW. Salt LC200N. Maxamet. S30V G10 and LW. Endura 4 ZDP-189. HAP40. VG10.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Welcome to the Knut House! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hello! Great choices ...
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Welcome, Cowboy. You’ve passed the point of no return. 😁
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

You're done for... Get a para 3 next! Or a Manix 2. Some of my favorites although my Sage is no slouch either! My collection has grown a LOT since joining this forum, more Spydies and more Kershaws and ZTs... Oh and an Ontario Rat and a CRKT Caligo on the way! I just love knives... Lol! My Spydies are my most carried though, especially my value line! Love my Tenacious and persistence!

Welcome to the forum!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
JS_KnifeNerd

Post by JS_KnifeNerd »

I am relatively new too. welcome to the forum. this is a really good community and personally, I think I have finally found my people :)
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

**update**

So I convinced myself that I "need" a para3 digicam with dlc coated s30v blade and a CUTLERY SHOPPE EXCLUSIVE--tenacious with dlc coated blade and "pumpkin" G-10 scales!! My Halloween knife!!....
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Welcome aboard! Once start down the path of knifedom, the journey never ends...have fun!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032