Next Reveal is due when?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Next Reveal is due when?

Post by Evil D »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:52 pm
Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:32 pm
dj moonbat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:18 am
Well, at least they've managed to consolidate the inquiries, going from "When's that knife coming?" to "When's the reveal coming?"
It has literally traded one set of questions for another.
Maybe you guys are just joking, but I don't see those as being the same at all. "When's the reveal coming?" is only one simple question compared to "I pre-ordered this knife last year so where is it?" and "You promised us _____ , what's the hold up?" and "Why are you advertising new knives when we still didn't get _____ yet?" and "I'm really hoping for _____ by Christmas, will it be delivered by then?", etc......

They may have consolidated the questions into one type but the frequency doesn't seem much or any less to me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
araneae

Post by araneae »

You guys are hilarious. Just breathe, the knives will come when it's time. If I can wait an unknown time for a D'fly wharnie, you all will be just fine too.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

What we need is someone to reveal the reveal......... okay, and the Dfly wharnie too.
- best wishes, Jazz.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm three steps ahead of all of you. I'm waiting for the sprints and exclusives of the models revealed in the reveal of the reveal. When will I get a Dfly Wharnie Salt, SRS-15 Endela, and a CTS-XHP Sage LW to match my Chap LW? :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i am waiting on the small efficient, cat bd1n, sage 5 frn s30v. for this year hope they release soon.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

I am glad that the next reveal is not there yet. Time to replenish my funds and use my new spydies.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I do need some time to save up!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Revel? Lol, I just wish we could get the Province released already.
Seems like its been forever since it was revealed.
I'm sorry, but they've been working on the sheaths since February.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have been waiting for a fluted TI Para2 for 5 years and a fluted CF Para2 for even longer. :D

Life can be so hard sometimes. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:50 am
Revel? Lol, I just wish we could get the Province released already.
Seems like its been forever since it was revealed.
I'm sorry, but they've been working on the sheaths since February.
Yup! At this point I would just buy one without the sheath. I plan on replacing it anyway.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 pm
BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:52 pm
Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:32 pm
dj moonbat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:18 am
Well, at least they've managed to consolidate the inquiries, going from "When's that knife coming?" to "When's the reveal coming?"
It has literally traded one set of questions for another.
Maybe you guys are just joking, but I don't see those as being the same at all. "When's the reveal coming?" is only one simple question compared to "I pre-ordered this knife last year so where is it?" and "You promised us _____ , what's the hold up?" and "Why are you advertising new knives when we still didn't get _____ yet?" and "I'm really hoping for _____ by Christmas, will it be delivered by then?", etc......

They may have consolidated the questions into one type but the frequency doesn't seem much or any less to me.
And the answer is still "we'll let you know."

Peeps just need to adjust themselves to the fact that painful waits are a downside to having some insight into your favorite knife company's production pipeline. The only way Spyderco could totally make that problem go away is by not telling us anything, and I would strongly suggest that would be worse.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

dj moonbat wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:24 am

And the answer is still "we'll let you know."

Peeps just need to adjust themselves to the fact that painful waits are a downside to having some insight into your favorite knife company's production pipeline. The only way Spyderco could totally make that problem go away is by not telling us anything, and I would strongly suggest that would be worse.
Surprises are more fun. Vendors probably wouldn't agree, but that's a different topic altogether.

Sometimes anticipation can cause a product to fall victim to "over-hype", which inevitably turns into disappointment.

I'm only speaking for myself here; I know most wouldn't like the total surprise of a release, without prior reveal.