Next Reveal is due when?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
archangel

Next Reveal is due when?

Post by archangel »

Refresh my memory: when can we expect the next Reveal?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
JonLeBlanc

Re: Next Reveal is due when?

Post by JonLeBlanc »

That's just it, we don't know lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Well, at least they've managed to consolidate the inquiries, going from "When's that knife coming?" to "When's the reveal coming?"
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I thought they said that there would be one about every three months?

They also said that all the knives revealed should be released before the next reveal so we need to see a few knives hit the shelves before we see another reveal.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:35 am

They also said that all the knives revealed should be released before the next reveal so we need to see a few knives hit the shelves before we see another reveal.
That's the way I understand it.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

bearfacedkiller wrote:

I remember something about that as well. We had one in January and one this month. I'm not sure if the Amsterdam reveal was an official one, counting toward the reveals Spyderco had planned. Maybe it was a bonus, or maybe it was the last one until later this year. You seem to be correct about the quarterly releases so far. If this truly is the case, we will see another reveal this summer and one at the end of the year.

As fas as I'm concerned, the Amsterdam reveal could be the last of the year and I would be totally happy with what has been put out.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Albatross wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:09 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I remember something about that as well. We had one in January and one this month. I'm not sure if the Amsterdam reveal was an official one, counting toward the reveals Spyderco had planned. Maybe it was a bonus, or maybe it was the last one until later this year. You seem to be correct about the quarterly releases so far. If this truly is the case, we will see another reveal this summer and one at the end of the year.

As fas as I'm concerned, the Amsterdam reveal could be the last of the year and I would be totally happy with what has been put out.

I disagree 110%. I especially hope there's going to be at least one new steel (new to the :spyder: world). And at least one of the rare steels previously used (3V, 4V, M390) returning.
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

archangel wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:34 am

I disagree 110%. I especially hope there's going to be at least one new steel (new to the :spyder: world). And at least one of the rare steels previously used (3V, 4V, M390) returning.
That's the beauty of Spyderco; we are both likely to get what we want. They offer something for everyone. Let's not forget, there are cool sprints and other releases haven't been announced yet, so you will probably find what you're after by the year's end. Who knows, maybe an exclusive will come out with something new and exciting. 4V and the M390 family will have some exclusives this year, by the sounds of things.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

archangel wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:34 am
Albatross wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:09 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I think we will see some new 4V knives from St. Nick's this year. I'd be shocked if they didn't continue basically printing money by releasing a Red/DLC 4V PM2, Native, Military, Manix, Shaman, Lil Native, etc...and you have no idea how bad I want them to do a Red FRN/DLC 4V Native LW!

As far as 3V, please see the thread I bumped and voice your support there as well. Spyderco's main competitor just announced that there will be a production 3V folder in their lineup later this month. I'm REALLY hoping that some Spyderco dealers have seen the light and requested some 3V exclusives by now. I'd be very shocked if we didn't see a new 3V Spyderco this year or next year at the latest. The market for knives in Cruwear, 3V, and 4V is heating up. The CRUWEAR NATION is ready and waiting for more CRUWEAR knives in 2019 as well!

As far as M390, I thought I heard last year that sourcing M390 was a problem these days and CTS-204P and 20CV were the domestic equivalents. I assume we will see some more exclusives in these two steels come from the same dealers who did those exclusives last year.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sildani

Post by Sildani »

bearfacedkiller wrote:

Which is why I asked about the V-TOKU Meerkat. It should have either been out by now, or imminent. If Spyderco keeps this Reveal cadence, the new Reveal should be any day now.
archangel

Post by archangel »

The models Mr. Blonde introduced can't be seen as Reveal cause experience teaches us that between A'dam introduction and market release might be reeeeeeeally long. I, too, remember that there should be a Reveal every like 3-4 months - or is this wishful thinking?

Bring us a new steel, please! And soon! :)
Michael
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

archangel wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:45 am
The models Mr. Blonde introduced can't be seen as Reveal cause experience teaches us that between A'dam introduction and market release might be reeeeeeeally long. I, too, remember that there should be a Reveal every like 3-4 months - or is this wishful thinking?

Bring us a new steel, please! And soon! :)
I think this year's A-dam thread suggests that Mr. Blonde's selections are being limited with an eye toward keeping the lid on stuff that won't be ready for an imminent reveal.
mayong

Post by mayong »

Suggestions:

• A Spyderco "Preview" flyer sent out 3-4 weeks before the release of an official "Reveal"
  • A "Glimpse" email blast heralding the imminent arrival of a "Preview"
  • A "Teaser" post on social media that speculates whether a "Glimpse" will be announced in any given quarter, or at any other point in time, ever; and
  • A "Relief" voucher that can be exchanged at participating pharmacies for prescription-grade tranquilizers to drown out the furor surrounding "Previews," "Glimpses," "Teasers" and "Reveals."
O:)
Police | Calypso | Caly 3 & 3.5 | PM 2 | Para 3 | UKPK | Endura | Dragonfly | Sage 2 | Sage 5

"While this test doesn't simulate any logical use of a knife as a tool, since it was a concern of some of our customers, we began incorporating it into our testing protocols." - Michael Janich
sonarsessions

Post by sonarsessions »

Next reveal will likely be shortly before Blade show in June. But then again I don't work for Spyderco so what do I know? lol...
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

mayong wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:53 am
Suggestions:

• A Spyderco "Preview" flyer sent out 3-4 weeks before the release of an official "Reveal"
  • A "Teaser" post on social media that speculates whether a "Glimpse" will be announced in any given quarter, or at any other point in time, ever; and
  • A "Relief" voucher that can be exchanged at participating pharmacies for prescription-grade tranquilizers to drown out the furor surrounding "Previews," "Glimpses," "Teasers" and "Reveals."
Where/how can I get the "Relief" voucher now?
archangel

Post by archangel »

sonarsessions wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 am
Next reveal will likely be shortly before Blade show in June. But then again I don't work for Spyderco so what do I know? lol...

You could be right. So much time till then though... :( oh well, good opportunity to save some money. If only I'd know how....
Michael
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

dj moonbat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:18 am
Well, at least they've managed to consolidate the inquiries, going from "When's that knife coming?" to "When's the reveal coming?"
It has literally traded one set of questions for another.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:32 pm
dj moonbat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:18 am
It has literally traded one set of questions for another.
Maybe you guys are just joking, but I don't see those as being the same at all. "When's the reveal coming?" is only one simple question compared to "I pre-ordered this knife last year so where is it?" and "You promised us _____ , what's the hold up?" and "Why are you advertising new knives when we still didn't get _____ yet?" and "I'm really hoping for _____ by Christmas, will it be delivered by then?", etc......
Last edited by BornIn1500 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Just my $0.02 here, but maybe we should chill and let Spyderco do it's thing. Mr. Glesser solicits inputs and regularly reviews the forum feedback. There is no doubt he is well ahead of the curve. To my limited knowledge he is the only knife manufacturing company co-founder that gets actively involved with his customers and potential customers in this manner (forums). It would be a shame to alienate him after all he has done for the folks here. Thanks for your time everyone, and now back to the regularly scheduled programming. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

mayong wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:53 am
Suggestions:

Lol.

Twenty twenty twenty four knives to go, I wanna be sedated :D