LC200N Spyderhawk??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

LC200N Spyderhawk??

Post by steelcity16 »

Anyone up for another round of Spyderhawk Sprints? They are such great knives. I went online looking to pick up a second one and it looks like the H1 Sprint is all sold out now.

I think we need a new round in LC200N. PE and SE this time. In reality, I think these models should be production models and marketed toward gardeners, landscapers, and other trades as great work knives. I think these would sell well with the right marketing and at the right retailers.

Either way I hope to see these someday...soon! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
michaelm466

Re: LC200N Spyderhawk??

Post by michaelm466 »

I'd definitely take a PE to go with my H1 SE, bright green would be cool for the handle color- something easy to find if dropped in the water.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

You can still find those H1 with the orange handles. Bento box has them as well as new graham.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SF Native wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:56 pm
You can still find those H1 with the orange handles. Bento box has them as well as new graham.

I try to avoid BBS with their high shipping and no returns, but thanks for the heads up about New Graham!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

michaelm466 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:18 pm

I'd definitely take a PE to go with my H1 SE, bright green would be cool for the handle color- something easy to find if dropped in the water.

While I like the looks of the Toxic Green scales, I think a lot of people use the Spyderhawk for yard work, so maybe best to stick with neon orange or yellow.
PStone

Post by PStone »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:14 am
michaelm466 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:18 pm

While I like the looks of the Toxic Green scales, I think a lot of people use the Spyderhawk for yard work, so maybe best to stick with neon orange or yellow.
Totally understand your point about yard work and the whole green color not fairing well in that situation. But there are a ton of scuba and free divers that use a hawkbill. Especially serrated. They run the great risk of becoming tangled in fishing line, a net, or even just plain plantlife. Neon green is easily spotted in the water as is yellow or orange.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'm just glad i was able to snag a few of the orange ones. I use mine for rope and general utility. If they do a sprint in LC200N I would like a PE model. I think it'll be a awhile before they run another one. It took awhile to get that orange sprint to kick off.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Love my H1 Spyderhawk and I would love even more if it were LC200N! SE for me please, it just zips right through whatever I pull cut on. Washing off any gooey residue from trees limbs or vines is a snap!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I find it odd that they keep adding all of these small hawkbills to the lineup, but the arguably most useful one is absent. I truly hope that a PE and SE LC200N Spyderhawk will be part of the rumored new Toxic Green LC200N Salt lineup. I'd prefer orange as I said for yard use, but Toxic Green would be darn cool too! :D

Would love to see some spine jimping added to the next release as well :)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Sad to say it just doesn't sell well.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

VashHash wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:27 am

Sad to say it just doesn't sell well.

Maybe not at PM2 level, but the uniqueness and slow, but steady sales should earn it a spot in the lineup. I think if it were a production model in LC200N it would start to catch on by word of mouth. A couple of decent you tube reviews showing what this thing can do in a yard and these would be flying off the shelves.

Unique and highly useful models like this and the Catcherman deserve permanent spots in the lineup. LC200N should help keep sales steady. H1 is starting to get a undeserved reputation for poor performance. If last years' Spyderhawk was LC200N I think it would have sold out in weeks.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Yes! In plain edge please!
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

The Spyderhawk is very unappreciated until one gets one in hand. Once the user begins applying the hawkbill design to everyday cutting tasks, the attributes of this design shines. I think another negative in the consumer markets minds in sharpenabilty. Without the Spyderco Sharpmaker there's not a efficient way of sharpening hawkbill blades.
All that being said, bring on the LC200N Spyderhawks!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I personally think that an LC200N Spyderhawk is the next logical choice for the highly celebrated Spyderhawk model. I believe that a Spyderhawk in LC200N would probably sell so well that it would make the Spyderhawk a permanent model like the POLICE, ENDURA, DELICA & Harpy already are. Now I can't find much fault if any with the two H-1 Spyderhawks I currently own because they perform really well in that steel. But for them to come out with an LC200N version it would probably catapult the sales of the plain edged versions of that great model. And LC200N has proven to be a really decent steel in Spyderedge as well.

We've just got to see Spyderco's wide range of Hawkbills gain popularity and sales. Because when people realize just how useful Spyderco's Hawkbill models are then at that point sales won't be a problem at all.

I still say that if anyone can reach out to the Lawn & Garden people as well as professional landscapers they will see just how useful a big Hawkbill like the Spyderhawk is.