Pocket Clip Sizing/Compatibility Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
popplelopolis

Re: Pocket Clip Sizing/Compatibility Info

Post by popplelopolis »

Does anyone here know if the Paramilitary 1 and the Military share the same pocket clip?
zrxoa1

Post by zrxoa1 »

For the Autonomy 2, I got a clip for one of the Native 5 variants. However, I cannot recall which one…

Not a perfect fit. Covers the lanyard hole.
zrxoa1

Post by zrxoa1 »

zrxoa1 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:33 am
For the Autonomy 2, I got a clip for one of the Native 5 variants. However, I cannot recall which one…

Not a perfect fit. Covers the lanyard hole.
It was the Native 5 Lightweight
maloosik

Post by maloosik »

I tried to replace my PM2 clip with a Pacific Salt 2 clip. The PS2 screw holes are smaller, screws are shorter and (Ti) clip is thinner. I was bummed because I like the finish better.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Does anyone know if there is any deep carry clip on the market that can be fit to the Resilience/Tenacious? I don't care about the lanyard tube, so it can be covered up no worries. I'm looking for existing production clips, not custom ones such as lynch/mxgear. Any of the ZT or BM ones would work?
Mtnsteve

Post by Mtnsteve »

This is a great resource, thanks for putting it together!

I’ve been toying with swapping a couple of my clips because of color, style and the fact that I like tweaking my gear.

I agree this should be pinned. The knowledge of the people in this forum is second to none.

Great resource :bug-red-white
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Native and Delica 3.
Attachments
06239241-3446-47BB-8573-FC4BC05F0AB2.jpeg
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

The Rhino with a Benchmade Bugout pocketclip is a big improvement over the factory pocketclip
Attachments
RhinoBugoutClip.jpg
Guts

Post by Guts »

Just wanted to add, I confirmed that the Lil Temperance 3 is its own unique clip as far as I can tell. It is NOT compatible with the Native 5 LW clip, even though they look very close. Basically bought a Native 5 LW to confirm this against my LT3 clip. Additionally, per my email correspondence with MXG clips, the hole spacing for the two outer holes center to center on their Native 5 LW clip is 0.440" and I measured my LT3 at 0.500". Will probably be relevant again with the upcoming release of the LT3 LW soon, assuming they're using the same clip as on the discontinued G10 model.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Guts wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:38 pm
Just wanted to add, I confirmed that the Lil Temperance 3 is its own unique clip as far as I can tell. It is NOT compatible with the Native 5 LW clip, even though they look very close.
I think the LT3 shares the same clip pattern with the Chinook 4 (another disco'ed model, unfortunately).

And I can confirm that the LT3LW has the same clip as the G10 LT3 (I was sent an early production sample for review)
olywa

Post by olywa »

Sometimes a thread really scratches an itch. This one definitely does. Ahhhhh...
Guts

Post by Guts »

zuludelta wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:13 pm
Guts wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:38 pm
Just wanted to add, I confirmed that the Lil Temperance 3 is its own unique clip as far as I can tell. It is NOT compatible with the Native 5 LW clip, even though they look very close.
I think the LT3 shares the same clip pattern with the Chinook 4 (another disco'ed model, unfortunately).

And I can confirm that the LT3LW has the same clip as the G10 LT3 (I was sent an early production sample for review)
Never owned a Chinook but good to know there's probably clip compatibility at least. I can do a little 3D modeling and designed a clip adapter so i can use the wire clips on my LT3. Been working great for a number of weeks now. Really enjoyed your LT3LW review by the way. Debating whether to pick one up when they release, but I've been very happy with my G10 example.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

youmakemehole wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:22 am

Thanks very much for taking on this project, YMMH. Strong work. Ignore the grouches and proceed with vigor!

Regards the one-screw wire clips, there are "deep" (with a U bend) and "not deep" (with an S bend) versions of that. Are they interchangeable?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189