New “PM2” Possible Fake??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PRBalex19

New “PM2” Possible Fake??

Post by PRBalex19 »

Hello, new to this. I just got back from a deployment and after doing research on some knives, I realized I wanted a PM2. The other night I purchased one on amazon. Not usually my cup of tea. But the wife makes amazon look so easy so I said why not. I already own a Dragonfly, Delica, and Endura which I know are authentic. I receive the knife on Friday and will post pictures when I get it. As for now I have screen shots of the post from amazon. I also read some of the reviews. And anything about a counterfeit are from 1-2 years ago. & only one recent issue with a fake from January. Everything else so far from this year the reviews say it’s real. Please help my mind is just tripping out thinking I spent money on a fake.
Attachments
0FCD6831-6CBF-4301-BA78-1167C13D8218.png
9BACD669-5B7E-4320-AEF9-C05BE48E2348.png
SG89

Re: New “PM2” Possible Fake??

Post by SG89 »

I have not seen instances of the s110v pm2 being faked. When you get the knife post pics of it here
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I bought that exact knife on Amazon. Shipping, authenticity, QC, build quality, action... all perfect.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Won't know what you have until it's in your hand. Good price if it's real and fortunately with Prime, returns are easy.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That's a good price! Hoping for the best, like Spydergirl said...post up some pics when you get it and we'll be able to help you out. We've all had a few PM2's pass through our hands.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

Spyderco's made with specialty steels I find tend to see less imitations I reckon it's because it would be fairly quick for one to realize a fake knife due to the obvious difference in characteristics of the steel. In this case S110V is going to be pretty rust resistant and have a slightly coarser edge that will stay sharp for an extremely long amount of time
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

PRBalex19 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:03 pm
Hello, new to this. I just got back from a deployment and after doing research on some knives, I realized I wanted a PM2. The other night I purchased one on amazon. Not usually my cup of tea. But the wife makes amazon look so easy so I said why not. I already own a Dragonfly, Delica, and Endura which I know are authentic. I receive the knife on Friday and will post pictures when I get it. As for now I have screen shots of the post from amazon. I also read some of the reviews. And anything about a counterfeit are from 1-2 years ago. & only one recent issue with a fake from January. Everything else so far from this year the reviews say it’s real. Please help my mind is just tripping out thinking I spent money on a fake.
Unless there's something else in the box (always a possibility on Amazon ) the knife will be a genuine Spyderco! As discussed before on the forum. ..certain Spydercos are sold BELOW MAP on Amazon from time to time...the volume buying /selling power of the site.

Enjoy your knife and welcome!

James
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

“Deployment” suggests to me you qualify for Spyderco’s significant military discount. Check it out. One advantage of buying direct is there is no question of authenticity. ;)
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Yeah I also think you are good, I bought the same model from amazon and it's legit. As stated above, it seems like the models that aren't "plain jane" stock are less likely if at all to be counterfeit, although technically of course the S110V PM2 is still a stock model. It looks like the four S30V variants are most at risk.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Grjfer

Post by Grjfer »

wrdwrght wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:59 am
“Deployment” suggests to me you qualify for Spyderco’s significant military discount. Check it out. One advantage of buying direct is there is no question of authenticity. ;)
Have to agree. One of the best discount programs I have ever seen. Only problem is I can't just buy one knife.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Well, I can’t help you with restraint. I gave that up ages ago...
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
PRBalex19

Post by PRBalex19 »

it keeps saying the file is to large to upload the pics. Anyone know how to fix that so I can show you guys?
rbb2

Post by rbb2 »

Well, I've lurked here for a while and had been planning to buy a PM next. I missed the DLT tan 20CV by about five minutes, unfortunately, and this thread pushed me over the edge so I ordered one of these last week. Got it today and it's pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. The blade is dead center, lockup is tight with no play and lots of tang for the lock to wear across, and it free swings most of the way shut out of the box. No question it's genuine.

Please forgive the schmutz on the blade, I took this photo straight out of the box, didn't even wipe it off.