lil native scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rabbitanarchy14

lil native scales

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

Is there anywhere or from anyone scales for the lil native. I sanded my current g10 slabs smooth and like it but wish for a different color. I would really like to find some red ish micarta scales for it. Any help would be appreciated.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
brainfriction

Re: lil native scales

Post by brainfriction »

Try getting ahold of this guy, I know he's made micarta scales for the Lil' Native before

https://www.instagram.com/shepardcc/?hl=en
rabbitanarchy14

i clicked it and it took me to instatgram, cant message him from there. he gives a website with no info. on his intstagram he says to dm him but no way to actually do it. does he have an actually account somewhere like gmail, yahoo, here. and no i am not looking into signing up for new accounts with fuckedbook or instatam.

i have been researching other fixes for g10 texture and i have found a few things i want to try like scalope the finger areas or like three grooves in the middle or something.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Beardedjeeper

Post by Beardedjeeper »

If you can accept the handle scales you have now, instead of just getting new ones in a new material, try EDC Gear House and the Way of the Knife (same person just partnered up and stated a new business/storefront). I've never used/contacted them through the website, but I know from using Ben through instagram, that they do great work. The business isn't a handle scale maker, but they offer a lot of modifying options on any knife brand or model. They do a lot of scale dying, but to help in your case, they have a method of removing the dark pigment from black g10 so that is can be dyed another color.

I highly recommend them for scale dying and minor knife mods (bead blasting, stonewashing, sharpening, etc).

Here a link to their modding services:
https://www.wayofknife.com/modification ... -services/
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:53 pm
i clicked it and it took me to instatgram, cant message him from there. he gives a website with no info. on his intstagram he says to dm him but no way to actually do it. does he have an actually account somewhere like gmail, yahoo, here. and no i am not looking into signing up for new accounts with fuckedbook or instatam.

i have been researching other fixes for g10 texture and i have found a few things i want to try like scalope the finger areas or like three grooves in the middle or something.
I assume when you say there is no way to DM, you are on your home computer? Instagram is primarily geared towards mobile devices. If you're using a PC, you can go to the Microsoft Store and download the PC Instagram app for free. Using that or Instagram on your mobile device will let you DM this person (I can see the option to DM them on my iPhone).
Beardedjeeper

Post by Beardedjeeper »

brainfriction wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 pm
Try getting ahold of this guy, I know he's made micarta scales for the Lil' Native before

I've sorta have become Shepardcc's friend over talking knives and a lot of scales/backspacer discussion. He does amazing work and is a great guy. I asked him and he gave me the go ahead to pass on his business email. He can definitely hook you up for your lil native scale needs and he works in a lot of materials.

shepardcustomconcealment@yahoo.com
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

BigGrove wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:53 pm
i clicked it and it took me to instatgram, cant message him from there. he gives a website with no info. on his intstagram he says to dm him but no way to actually do it. does he have an actually account somewhere like gmail, yahoo, here. and no i am not looking into signing up for new accounts with f***edbook or instatam.

I assume when you say there is no way to DM, you are on your home computer? Instagram is primarily geared towards mobile devices. If you're using a PC, you can go to the Microsoft Store and download the PC Instagram app for free. Using that or Instagram on your mobile device will let you DM this person (I can see the option to DM them on my iPhone).
I had the same issue when I first signed up. As he said you need to use the Instagram app on your phone. They remove this feature online (presumably to get you to use the app). Just ordered some Shaman scales from him. He does very nice work. I think he might be taking a slight pause in orders for a little bit, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

Beardedjeeper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:32 pm
brainfriction wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 pm

I've sorta have become Shepardcc's friend over talking knives and a lot of scales/backspacer discussion. He does amazing work and is a great guy. I asked him and he gave me the go ahead to pass on his business email. He can definitely hook you up for your lil native scale needs and he works in a lot of materials.

shepardcustomconcealment@yahoo.com
Nice, thanks for the info :)

I'm interested in those front flipper mod scales for the Lil' Native myself
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

brainfriction wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:59 pm

You can make that a reality yourself with just some sandpaper and a little confidence, it was the first mod I've done myself and came out pretty great if I do say so myself...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60127&p=1315958#p1315958
~andrew
rabbitanarchy14

toocool006 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 pm
brainfriction wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:59 pm

You can make that a reality yourself with just some sandpaper and a little confidence, it was the first mod I've done myself and came out pretty great if I do say so myself...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60127&p=1315958#p1315958
Would love to see it. I was thinking of doing it to my stock scales as well.