Back in the fold

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sgbeskin

Back in the fold

Post by sgbeskin »

Hello all,
It’s been several years since I’ve bought a new knife. I own many Spyderco knives, as well as other brands. For the past couple of years I’ve been carrying an alox Victorinox with my Sebenza. But in the summer I always go back to my Spyderco Salt, being that we live on the Gulf and spend a lot of time on the water. To make a long story short, this past November I was in a knife story with my wife and two sons, my wife picked up a Dragonfly and I ended up getting a Native 5 lightweight. I think one of my boys ended up getting an Ouroboros. The Native hasn’t left my pocket! I love this thing! I like it so much, that this past week, I bought a Spyderco Para3 and a Delica ffg. Can’t wait to try them both out at work this coming week.
It’s kinda funny, my wife and I both bought a Spyderco knife on our honeymoon 20 years ago! We have them all over the house. We have used them for everything, from skinning and processing game to cutting string for our tomato plants in the garden. I think these three are gonna be be hard to kick out of my pocket! I’m happy to be back in the fold.
Sharp Guy

Re: Back in the fold

Post by Sharp Guy »

Welcome back sgbeskin!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Grjfer

Post by Grjfer »

I found I had drifted away myself. Back in February I picked up a zome green Delica 4, and it sort of was the spark that re-lit the fire. I have owned other knives over the years, but Spyderco dominates my collection.
Attachments
55790026_2294556130606982_9061602372823810048_o.jpg
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sgbeskin,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx for the story and the support.

sal