CBBL vs Compression Lock: Which Action is More Satisfying When Broken/Dialed In

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gigem95

Re: CBBL vs Compression Lock: Which Action is More Satisfying When Broken/Dialed In

Post by gigem95 »

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:05 pm
I think I'm going to have to play with them side by side a bit and see if I revise my opinion.

Are you wearing gloves? In winter I find the comp lock tab tricky to hit sometimes, and have a much easier time with the CBBL through gloves.
No gloves needed here in the Houston area. Although it was 39 degrees this morning. Crazy! Lol. For me it's tougher to pinch the CBBL between my thumb and index finger and then pull it back, while securing the knife. The compression lock allows me to get a better grip on the knife and not risk me dropping it when I use it one handed.
gigem95

Re: CBBL vs Compression Lock: Which Action is More Satisfying When Broken/Dialed In

Post by gigem95 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:20 pm
i agree that it takes more dexterity and it can be more difficult to fold the manix. i think i still prefer it. almost certainly, anyone that is left handed will prefer the cbbl.

the comp lock is only slightly more fun to play with in my opinion, but it's way easier to take apart and clean up. and if you have the manix 2 lw, you don't even have the option to take it apart. i wish spyderco would change this.

for me, it's not that i prefer the one lock over the other as much as it is i prefer the manix 2 over compression lock knives, with the yojimbo being a close second.
The Manix is definitely a great knife. And I agree that a left handed person would probably like the CBBL lock better, since it's ambidextrous. My Para 3's have become my favorite model Spyderco, and I love the compression lock. Although they don't see as much pocket time because they are both exclusives and almost too much nice to use as EDC. I'll need to get over that issue soon, and put them to good use. :)
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Hard call for me. I would take either one with pleasure.

Look at it this way. Neither one has jammed up or broken in my use. And they are equally pleasant to use.