Reputable Online Retailer Sugestions and Experiences Good or Bad

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BLUETYPEII

Reputable Online Retailer Sugestions and Experiences Good or Bad

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Just like the title says. Share your experiences the good and bad experiences with online retailers.

I personally have had really good luck with “Blade Headquarters”.

I am curious to hear people‘s experiences with Bento Box Shop” and “Sooner State Knives” to be specific.

I have been very tempted to buy from both.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
SG89

Re: Reputable Online Retailer Sugestions and Experiences Good or Bad

Post by SG89 »

I have bought from bento box shop once, zero issues. I have bought from soonerstateknives several times, zero issues.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I don't shop at BBS. The service isn't bad, but the ridiculous shipping cost and no return policy are sketchy.

I choose not to give my business to shops like that.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’ve had great experiences wwith...BladeHQ, Cutlery Shoppe, Knifeworks, Bento Box Shop, DLT Trading, GP Knives, New Graham Knives, Warriors and Wonders, Spyderco directly and National Knives. I’m sure there are more that I’m regretbly forgetting. Order from any of those and you won’t be disappointed.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

I know people are sketched out by BBS but real talk I've had very good customer service from whoever it is (lol) running that operation.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Knife Center, Knife Art, BladeHQ, Cutlery Shoppe, DLT Trading, GP Knives.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

So far, all good experiences. I have used GP Knives, Blade HQ, Knife Joy, Knives Plus, and Hand Tools.com.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Knivesshipfree.com and Indiana knives are also run by people trying to do right by the community.

BBS isn't trying to be competitive with the free shipping and low prices crowd, which is a bit of a surprise. Their exclusive models are my favorites, though. They used to be quite accommodating when it came to the quirks of shipping to Canada, though. (Haven't bought anything from them for a while, though.)
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

DLT, KSF, W&W, OldeTowneCutlery, TSA, Knifeworks, White Mountain Knives, S&R Knives. That’s all I can think of right now. W&W and S&R are Canadian so I check them out first but they are usually slower to get new knives.
- Most recently DLT and had a great experience, great communication and shipping costs!
- If I remember correctly shipping was a bit of a hassle with KW due to minimum order for international shipping. (That might be different now?)
- Tried Knife center twice, once a never ending preorder wait I had to cancel and the other time shipping costs were gong to be astronomical so again I cancelled.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Blade HQ are my go-to, but I've also had good luck with Knife Center, Cutlery Shoppe, DLT, and Sierra Trading Post. I'd sooner drive across country to any of those places than order from Amazon.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Steve at New Graham and Jordan DLT are my current favorites. Rob at National Knives has also been good to me over the years.

Bento Box has delevered when I ordered from them a couple times. Sooner accepted my return on a Al Mar dud a few years ago.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

I've purchased from most already mentioned. I'll add Osogrande, River's Edge (Brian is the man) and re-mention Indiana Knives (Eric is great).
vivi

Post by vivi »

I like New Graham the best. Great service and they often include extras. I got a Spyderco bag with my Waterway.

Knifeworks is nice. Fast shipping, they have exclusives from time to time and the website has really good photos.

DLT trading for LT Wrights.
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:59 pm
I don't shop at BBS. The service isn't bad, but the ridiculous shipping cost and no return policy are sketchy.

I choose not to give my business to shops like that.
Same. I won't support a shop with those policies.
:unicorn
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I've yet to have a bad experience with any of the major dealers and I've bought from most of them.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:42 pm
Just like the title says. Share your experiences the good and bad experiences with online retailers.

I personally have had really good luck with “Blade Headquarters”.

I am curious to hear people‘s experiences with Bento Box Shop” and “Sooner State Knives” to be specific.

I have been very tempted to buy from both.
I've had good experiences with Sooner State.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I’ve bought from most of the major retailers and have never had a bad experience. Knifeworks is my dealer of choice. They have fast and free shipping and I’m from Louisiana so I’ll always support the local guy when given the chance.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Warriorsandwonders and SRKnives in Canada, and BladeHQ. Except for the high prices, I really like W&W.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:06 pm
I’ve had great experiences wwith...BladeHQ, Cutlery Shoppe, Knifeworks, Bento Box Shop, DLT Trading, GP Knives, New Graham Knives, Warriors and Wonders, Spyderco directly and National Knives. I’m sure there are more that I’m regretbly forgetting. Order from any of those and you won’t be disappointed.

Are you having any issues ordering from the States lately?
- best wishes, Jazz.
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

I'm not too far in Canada from SRKnives which is a good brick and mortar place. Their stock levels is typically pretty good.
Online ordering I've used BladeHQ and National Knives. Good experiences from both.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Surfingringo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 am
I’ve bought from most of the major retailers and have never had a bad experience. Knifeworks is my dealer of choice. They have fast and free shipping and I’m from Louisiana so I’ll always support the local guy when given the chance.
Knifeworks is also my go-to dealer when all else is equal. I have no connection to Louisiana, and I don't know why you'd spell anything with an X on the end, but I've had very good experiences with them.