Reputable Online Retailer Sugestions and Experiences Good or Bad

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Re: Reputable Online Retailer Sugestions and Experiences Good or Bad

Post by The Deacon »

New Graham has been my first choice for almost 16 years. I've also had good experiences with Cutlery Shoppe, Knife Center, BladeHQ, and KnifeWorks.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
drexcell

Post by drexcell »

I've bought all of my knives through Cutlery Shoppe. Not because there is anything wrong with the other online stores, but Jeff has treated me well over the years, shipping has always been quick and I've never had any problems with any of the knives.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Jazz wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:04 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:06 pm
I’ve had great experiences wwith...BladeHQ, Cutlery Shoppe, Knifeworks, Bento Box Shop, DLT Trading, GP Knives, New Graham Knives, Warriors and Wonders, Spyderco directly and National Knives. I’m sure there are more that I’m regretbly forgetting. Order from any of those and you won’t be disappointed.

Are you having any issues ordering from the States lately?

I’ve yet to have any issues since this whole thing started but I think I’ve been lucky. I know warriors and wonders has been getting a lot of stuff in, flippers included. Maybe it’s all blowing over? They even got some ZT in.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BigKenbo

Post by BigKenbo »

Cutlery Shoppe has treated me EXCEPTIONALLY well.
Native 5 S110V G10 and LW. S90V LW. Salt LC200N. Maxamet. S30V G10 and LW. Endura 4 ZDP-189. HAP40. VG10.
agony

Post by agony »

I'm lucky to live close to New Graham. Great shop.
I've also spent a lot of money at pretty much every online shop and only had a bad experience with knifecenter (they sent the wrong knife once, but wasn't too bad getting it corrected). Cutlery Shoppe, DLT, knivesshipfree, and knifeworks have all treated me the best.
Honestly the worst service I ever had ordering knives is on amazon. Getting wrong products, fakes, used/returned knives, etc. I won't buy 'good' knives on amazon.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Knifeworks have been reliably good and are my go-to dealer. The one time they made an error on an order (I paid for two of the same exclusive and they only shipped one) they made it right with no drama once contacted.
James Y

Post by James Y »

The online dealers ai'vemordered from are:' New Graham, Blade HQ and Knife Works, and I've had good luck with all of them. The only knives I've ever ordered on Amazon were a couple of Victorinox SAKs. I got what I wanted without problems, but as a rule I don't order knives from Amazon.

When I order from the knife dealers, I always do so over the phone. I also ask them to check for certain things, as well as for any pre-listed flaws. I've never gotten a defective knife, because it's always been pre-checked before shipping.

Jim
blues

Post by blues »

I've had good luck (so far) with all of the usual suspects.

The only dealer I've had issues with was a custom knife dealer who need not be named. They will never see my business again.
- Retired from the chase -
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

No issues with the major dealers. But, I really like doing business with ebay seller, “Bladeswelove”. Steve is a teacher in Sheridan, Wyoming and a knife nut. He is honest, gives great customer service and his prices are very good. The Spydercos I don’t buy from SFO or BHQ I buy from Steve.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MichaelScott wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:12 pm
No issues with the major dealers. But, I really like doing business with ebay seller, “Bladeswelove”. Steve is a teacher in Sheridan, Wyoming and a knife nut. He is honest, gives great customer service and his prices are very good. The Spydercos I don’t buy from SFO or BHQ I buy from Steve.
Funny you mentioned him, that's who I acquired my DF/V-Toku2 from just a few weeks ago. Exchanged a few messages back and forth about knives. My knife showed up packaged with great care and at a fair price for a sold out sprint run model. Added him to my favorites!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
blues

Post by blues »

I want to give a shout out to Rob at National Knives for great service whether a knife is purchased or not.

I recently bought a REX 45 Military from Rob which was shipped promptly and was an excellent example of the breed.

But what really struck me as special was his willingness, (this weekend), to assist me by checking his stock, sending a number of helpful images, and providing his impressions of the suitability of a particular Spyderco pattern I had expressed interest in.

That search did not lead to a sale on this occasion, but that level of service and commitment will guarantee that National Knives will be the first place I'll look for my next purchase.

Good service should not go unrewarded.
- Retired from the chase -
ST1513

Post by ST1513 »

Over the years I probably have not bought as many knives as some members here but I have purchased them first from Cutleryshoppe, then Bladeheadquarters, and KnifeWorks. Each of those 3 are great to buy from.
Spyderco Yojimbo 2 CPM-M4 Natural G-10, Spyderco Paramilitary 2 CTS-204p Dark Green G-10.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

done
Last edited by BLUETYPEII on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

I had a coupon last summer and ordered from them. They shipped quickly and the items arrived in great shape. No complaints whatsoever.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I've bought from knifeworks, bhq, cutlery shoppe, knife center, knife hog, dlt, black wolf supply, national knives, knives ship free, going gear, and several others I can't seem to remember at the moment. None were an issue and all offered great service.

I've also ordered from Ebay(never had an issue) and Amazon. Ebay can be a little more safe, given the seller ratings and all, but Amazon is a gamble. From what I understand, Amazon's inventory and shipping policies can lead to fakes being shipped in place of legitimate knives. Returns are mostly painless, but there's still risk involved.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

DLT Trading went out of their way to give me great service.

I've also had good experiences with Knives Ship Free, Cutlery Shoppe, Olde Towne Cutlery, Knifeworks, and KnifeCenter.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’ve only ordered knives from four different online dealers: New Graham, Knifeworks, BladeHQ, and Knifecenter. I had positive experiences with all of them, and so far never any negative. TBH, I only ordered once from Knifecenter, but it went well. My personal favorite is probably Knifeworks, but they’ve all been good.

I forgot to mention that I ordered my two David Boye knives directly from David Boye and his wife. Great experience there, too.

When I order from an online dealer, I always do it over the phone.

Jim
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DLT Trading is my go-to retailer - just an awesome company. But I've ordered from many of the stores listed above, never had a problem that wasn't resolved well. A few others that I've ordered from and liked (that I didn't see mentioned yet): St. Nick's Knives, KnifeJoy, and River's Edge.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I used to work for a knife shop, and I ordered my Spydercos through our distributor. I bought my first PM2 from Howe's Knife Shop, and he threw in a free flashlight. Unfortunately, they've closed up. I had great experiences with BBS; yes, the cost is high, but I got what I wanted and I got it fast.

I just ordered my SS Stretch from Blade HQ, because I like their YouTube videos. I bought a T-shirt first, and they shipped it almost immediately. I was a bit worried when the shirt shipped without the knife, and when the knife was then listed as unavailable, but the knife shipped the next day. A small inconvenience at worst.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Ric

Post by Ric »

I bought 3times from BBS.
Great exclusives.

Very fast shipping. Knives were perfect.
So, no complains from my side.