Selling knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swigert

Re: Selling knives

Post by swigert »

Stay out of the Spyderco Facebook group that allows selling. Worst prices around. Everyone only wants something really cheap.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I have been hesitant to say but I have sold my first knife. It was an extra Spyderco that I bought because I have to have an extra for ANY knife I carry. Period! Since I carry at least 5 knives daily (7 or8 if I watch a compelling YouTube video) this often leads to unexpected extras that I should not have bought in the first place. My name is Crux and I am a knifaholic. I am only selling so I can buy more. I need help! Or better yet, free money as there is a Delica I think I need. That's all I need. Just A simple Delica. Or maybe a simple Endura. That's all I need.

Oh wait, I live on the ocean so maybe a Caribbean is the answer.

You know, let me be the first one to stand up against "BIG KNIVES (BF)" and sound the alarm. Are we going to sit here and allow BF to dictate to the masses what knives he have to accept? **** NO! We need to rise up and reclaim the frontier. Sure Colorado is a long way to walk but think about our forefathers that made it there under far worst circumstances.

The best part of this is Spyderco would be totally caught off guard as long as no one friggin texts our location. With the Spring melting we will launch our campaign attack as soon as we do not have to wear cumbersome jackets and ****.

We will focus on their Maxamet stock which is apparently hidden in a bunker 300 feet below their headquarters. No problem as we've watched Mission Impossible over 780 times so I suggest you who have Maxamet now are the only ones that will ever have Maxamet.

:mad: :o :( :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

Okay, maybe selling off some knives was a little harder on me than I expected.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i have sold only on eBay after a few other incidents on cl and fb. anywhere i have to pay to be a member is not going to be a good place. if i have to pay to be a member then someone comes into my thread bashing me or others and i have to pay to be there or get banned after i paid, straight bs. and there fees to be a member are crazy just to write in a forum. spyderco is the lead for me in forums, helpful ppl, respectful ppl. my only forum i am on: spyderco.!
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Marulaghost wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:01 pm
I have yet to sell our buy anything online outside of retailers.

But as i read some of these responses i find myself thinking about a pal who does everything via craigslist and public meeting points.
Obviously this too has its own risks and restricts you to local only, but you have better odds of not getting ripped off
I really like the idea of Craqig's List too. But what I would do would be to set the meeting place at your local police department. Telling everyone this up front would discourage hanky panky.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 pm
i have sold only on eBay after a few other incidents on cl and fb. anywhere i have to pay to be a member is not going to be a good place. if i have to pay to be a member then someone comes into my thread bashing me or others and i have to pay to be there or get banned after i paid, straight bs. and there fees to be a member are crazy just to write in a forum. spyderco is the lead for me in forums, helpful ppl, respectful ppl. my only forum i am on: spyderco.!
100%
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Don W

Post by Don W »

I have sold on Ebay and on Blade Forums. I mostly use Blade Forums now. I have never had an issues with any transaction that was not easily remedied. I only ship with USPS priority with delivery confirmation and insurance, it is a very inexpensive addition that can save you a ton of grief.
NicoColt1911

Post by NicoColt1911 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 pm
Anyone sell on Instagram?
How? Facebook (technologically) isn't a good price for selling but Instagram has to be even ********. AFAIK all you can do is post so most of the time only your followers will see that you want to sell a knfie. Don't think that will work to well for guys (like me) with few followers.
blues

Post by blues »

I recommend bladeforums.com but I'm biased since I've been a mod there pretty much from the beginning in 1998. That said, you'd be supporting another site built specifically for and run by knife enthusiasts...and Spyderco is well represented there with its own sub-forum.

This is not to detract from alternatives should you find them more to your liking.

Good luck whatever you may choose.
- Retired from the chase -
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

NicoColt1911 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:56 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 pm
Anyone sell on Instagram?
How? Facebook (technologically) isn't a good price for selling but Instagram has to be even ********. AFAIK all you can do is post so most of the time only your followers will see that you want to sell a knfie. Don't think that will work to well for guys (like me) with few followers.
Never tried it myself but I bet there are some hashtags you can label your post with that might get attention from people who follow those hashtags. Like #knifesale or something like that.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I like BladeForums but to protect the transaction (from and to a U.S. currency and address) make sure it's paid by PayPal Goods & Services (2.9% of transaction amount + $0.30) and the package is mailed by say USPS Priority Mail with Insurance & Signature Confirmation ($14.45 for a $200 knife shipped in a Small Priority Mail box with Insurance & Signature Confirmation). Once you've shipped the package enter the USPS Tracking Number into the PayPal transaction which further protects you and emails the buyer that the package has shipped with the associated USPS tracking link.

For example, if you're selling a knife for $200.00 and want to accept payment via PayPal Goods & Services and shipping it via USPS Priority Mail with Insurance & Signature Confirmation you're looking at disbursing $6.10 + $14.45 or $20.55 in fees.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I would also encourage using PP goods and services. First, you get the protection. Second, I like to use things how they were intended, and it seems like the right thing to do if I'm selling something.