One more cry for an SE Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

One more cry for an SE Military

Post by jdw »

I know that it's a combination of howling at the moon and beating a dead horse but I wonder what the realistic chances of seeing an SE Military are in either a sprint or production run? The Military is needing some more love in general. I would love to see DLT do the Tan 20CV combo for the Military.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
ferider

Re: One more cry for an SE Military

Post by ferider »

Yes. LC200N, 20CV or S35V, and skip the DLC. Pretty please :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Only if the blade and teeth are thinner than the old ones. The one I have is ok for rope and such but it's pretty horrible for boxes or anything rigid. By comparison the Caribbean is a significantly better slicer.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FK

Post by FK »

Agree, I would purchase two Military SE immediately.

Have an older 440V SE and treasure the knife.

Forget the DLC coating.

FK
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I carry a serrated 440V Military and would love to buy a new model if it is in a stainless steel.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

H1 SE G10 Military Salt please. This is a grail knife for me.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Another here who’d buy 2 se Millie’s regardless ...

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:43 am
Only if the blade and teeth are thinner than the old ones. The one I have is ok for rope and such but it's pretty horrible for boxes or anything rigid. By comparison the Caribbean is a significantly better slicer.
Why might I ask that you would want a C-36 Military model in full Spyderedge with a thinner blade :confused: ?? Heck I loved my old 440V, full SE Military model just exactly the way it was. And if they have any old 440V bar stock laying around they could make a Sprint Run on even a new version with 440V as far as I'm concerned because it was a great blade steel for Spyderedges.

On second thought if you were to use it in marine conditions I guess I could sort of see it having some advantages in a thinner blade. But overall I've always like the C-36 Military models just the way they were originally made and designed.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:49 am
Evil D wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:43 am
Why might I ask that you would want a C-36 Military model in full Spyderedge with a thinner blade :confused: ?? Heck I loved my old 440V, full SE Military model just exactly the way it was. And if they have any old 440V bar stock laying around they could make a Sprint Run on even a new version with 440V as far as I'm concerned because it was a great blade steel for Spyderedges.

On second thought if you were to use it in marine conditions I guess I could sort of see it having some advantages in a thinner blade. But overall I've always like the C-36 Military models just the way they were originally made and designed.
Not thinner blade stock, a thinner blade grind and thinner/shallower serrations. I was a little unsure about claims of the Military being too thick in the edge and teeth until I got this Caribbean to compare it to. If you could see both of them side by side in person you'd see what I mean. There's just no comparison. It's like a tractor vs a sports car. The Caribbean blade stock is a wee bit thinner at the spine but less than half a millimeter, it really comes down to how thick the blade is at the edge and how deep the serrations are cut into the blade. Running the two blades through cardboard is a night and day difference.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FK

Post by FK »

Evil D,

Thanks for the comparison,,,, i will order a Caribbean SE soon.

My older Military 440V SE has much deeper serrations than my new Endura Wharncliffe SE in VG-10.

FK