Yay Sal Glesser!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JS_KnifeNerd

Yay Sal Glesser!!!

Post by JS_KnifeNerd »

Hi, it's JS_Knifeerd :spyder:
Recently I got to meet Sal Glesser. It was a really great experience. He taught me all sorts of things from edge geometry to values and life.
I know that Sal has been kind to many of us so I think that we should give him a big thank you.
THANK YOU Sal Glesser!!! :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
GiftedMisfit

Re: Yay Sal Glesser!!!

Post by GiftedMisfit »

That's awesome news that you met Mr. Glesser, congrats. Ofcourse a big thank you is in order, and I could not say it enough. Spyderco knives and the collection I've accumulated really saved me. I won't get into details but Spyderco really turned my life around, gave me something to focus on.

Thank you again honestly.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I've been wanting to meet old man Glesser, but he keeps ducking me at Bladeshow ;)

I'll corner him one of these days!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:45 am
Hi, it's JS_Knifeerd :spyder:
Recently I got to meet Sal Glesser. It was a really great experience. He taught me all sorts of things from edge geometry to values and life.
I know that Sal has been kind to many of us so I think that we should give him a big thank you.
THANK YOU Sal Glesser!!! :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Hi Jeremy, that's really cool, I am sure you had a great time! And, having been taught by Sal Glesser, you probably know now more about edge geometry than I do... ;) !

I was only vaguely aware of Mr. Glesser before I joined this forum about 8 month ago. It was just then that I realized that my top 5 folders all were designed by him. So, for me he obviousely is a great knife-designer.

What I also really like, and that indeed is reflecting one of the most important values in life imho: He of course seems to be proud of his company and the work the people there are doing, but never tries to make Spyderco look good by making others (other brands) look bad.

And that's something really everybody should go by I think: Never try to make others look small just so that you can look greater. (Hope that was proper English...;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)