Caribbean SE Mega Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ladybug93

Re: Caribbean SE Mega Thread

Postby ladybug93 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:48 am

this thread is working me hard. it’s still not my favorite knife visually, but a spyderedge sheepsfoot would make a great ocean and emergency knife. maybe even better and safer than my pacific salt. maybe. and a plain edge leaf with some dye might be nice for an edc.

you have me going from never to maybe two. :\

Evil D

Postby Evil D » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 am

ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:48 am
this thread is working me hard. it’s still not my favorite knife visually, but a spyderedge sheepsfoot would make a great ocean and emergency knife. maybe even better and safer than my pacific salt. maybe. and a plain edge leaf with some dye might be nice for an edc.

you have me going from never to maybe two. :\

I've got some ideas for mods on the sheepsfoot version. I just have some other things absorbing my funds for a while so it'll take a while to get it done.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

hambone56rx

Postby hambone56rx » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Evil D,

Love the YouTube Video! How did you sharpen it? On the Sharpmaker? I’m thinking about getting my boss’ son one of these as he is going to do ROTC at VMI. No matter what he gets into, this thing will still be cranking. And the SE will be great for field use.

Evil D

Postby Evil D » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 pm

hambone56rx wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:01 pm
Evil D,

Love the YouTube Video! How did you sharpen it? On the Sharpmaker? I’m thinking about getting my boss’ son one of these as he is going to do ROTC at VMI. No matter what he gets into, this thing will still be cranking. And the SE will be great for field use.

Right now I'm only using the Sharpmaker but I'm planning on switching over to the Golden Stone to give it some testing as well.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

hambone56rx

Postby hambone56rx » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:20 pm

[/quote]

Right now I'm only using the Sharpmaker but I'm planning on switching over to the Golden Stone to give it some testing as well.
[/quote]

Outstanding! Thanks for the info!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”