Still waiting excitedly for the new Urban LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Still waiting excitedly for the new Urban LW

Post by Doc Dan »

I am still waiting excitedly for the new Coyote Urban LW. I hope it comes out this year. This is just a great pocket knife design.

I would also like to see the LC200N Sal mentioned as a possibility (he did not say certainty, unfortunately).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
UrbanMoose

Re: Still waiting excitedly for the new Urban LW

Post by UrbanMoose »

Me too!
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Count me in also. I missed the k390 sprintrun.
In Amsterdam there was a model presented between the squeek and urban. Curious about that one too.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Danvp wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 pm
In Amsterdam there was a model presented between the squeek and urban. Curious about that one too.
Hand-tools.com still has them. I finally broke down and ordered a back up. That knife is too good.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm totally in for this one.

I actually think that the UKPK and Urban are the models I'm most certain to buy sprints of.
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Do we know what steel this will be run in? My mind wants to tell me AEB-L but I don't trust that guy...
~andrew
elena86

Post by elena86 »

One of Sal's brilliant designs IMHO. I own three Urbans in K390 one in N690Co and hunting for the Elmax exclusive. I spoke with the boys from Heinnie Heines and they agree that after the red G10 UKPK exclusive the Urban should receive the same treatement. Looking forward .....
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

SF Native wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:53 pm
Danvp wrote:
Hand-tools.com still has them. I finally broke down and ordered a back up. That knife is too good.
Thanks for the info!
A good knife is difficult to resist. :D I looked on their site and found the urban k390. Did you place orders before at hand-tools.com? There are some bad reviews on the internet. While looking on their site i stumbled upon a Spydiechef. Did order it at dlt. Further down the rabbithole. :spyder:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Danvp wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:26 pm
SF Native wrote:
Danvp wrote:
Thanks for the info!
A good knife is difficult to resist. :D I looked on their site and found the urban k390. Did you place orders before at hand-tools.com? There are some bad reviews on the internet. While looking on their site i stumbled upon a Spydiechef. Did order it at dlt. Further down the rabbithole. :spyder:
I order from them occasionally. I think I got the double bevel from them a few months ago. Good resource for discontinued or hard to find models. They charge for shipping. But they are not charging like bento box either. And yes, I currently have shipping notification for my back up k390 Urban.
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

SF Native wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:
Danvp wrote:
Thanks for the info!
I order from them occasionally. I think I got the double bevel from them a few months ago. Good resource for discontinued or hard to find models. They charge for shipping. But they are not charging like bento box either. And yes, I currently have shipping notification for my back up k390 Urban.
Urban k390 is on its way... Thanks again.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Danvp wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:47 pm
Nice pick up!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:
Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:

Thanks for the info!
Cool. Let us know how you like it when it arrives. Now I’m trying to decide if I should get those carbon scales from cuscadi.
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

SF Native wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 pm
Cool. Let us know how you like it when it arrives. Now I’m trying to decide if I should get those carbon scales from cuscadi.
I will do so. Already have the standard urban. An older version, not the one with the half stop. I hope this k390 will serve me better.
The carbon scales from Cuscadi are amazing. Maybe if the urban gets enough pockettime i will buy them also.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:
Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:

Thanks for the info!
Y’all must have soaked up the last of the K390 Urbans, I cant find ‘em there now.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:01 am
Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:
Danvp wrote:

Thanks for the info!
Y’all must have soaked up the last of the K390 Urbans, I cant find ‘em there now.

Also scouring the interwebs for K390 Urbans. Let me know if you stumble across a honeyhole! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:
Danvp wrote:

Thanks for the info!
I think they had a dozen or so. Probably some lurkers grabbed the rest. Maybe they went straight to ebay, who knows. Yeah. They gone.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SF Native wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:44 am
Woodpuppy wrote:
Danvp wrote:
SF Native wrote:

I think they had a dozen or so. Probably some lurkers grabbed the rest. Maybe they went straight to ebay, who knows. Yeah. They gone.

That is EXACTLY what happened. Same eBay seller has sold 8 or 9 now since April for $129.95 each and has one listed now for $144.95. What a jerk.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Oh well. Best jump on em like a chicken on a June bug if you want em.
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Lucky for us the coyote urban is in the second reveal. Love to try out AEB-L. Snag one (or two) before the eBay sellers got them.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 am
Oh well. Best jump on em like a chicken on a June bug if you want em.

Ha, nah, I don't support the scalpers. If I can't buy it for retail or less I don't buy it. If no one bought from them at their inflated prices they would just crawl back into their caves and go away! :D