G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Postby RadioactiveSpyder » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:45 pm

The amazing HH UKPK and two fun variants, the first with a CTS-BD1N drop point blade in the ruby red G10 scales and the HH S30V leaf blade in some (stock) old school burgundy FRN UKPK scales:

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King

jdw

Postby jdw » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:11 pm

I am really hoping for a repeat in any different blade configuration. I have been carrying mine a lot and it is just a fantastically made knife.
It's a folk singer's job to comfort disturbed people and to disturb comfortable people.
-- Woody Guthrie

buckleys

Postby buckleys » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 pm

lately I've been using this the most, and am starting to like it even more than my customized bugout and both my para 3 lws. It's insanely light, and has proven to me that I don't really need a locking blade for most of my tasks which is mostly office-droning. Also the ergonomics are insanely good, possibly better than any other knife I have. And the stock is very nice and thin, I think as thin as the chapparal. Wouldn't mind some other ones in cool colours :)

Enactive

Postby Enactive » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:56 pm

I'd be all over a brown G10 UKPK with a Cruwear drop point blade.

curlyhairedboy

Postby curlyhairedboy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:46 am

As we saw in the Rescue thread, I'd like to see a return of the sheepsfoot SE Rescue UKPK!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Shaman, CF S90v Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Lil Native, Sage 5 LW
Always in Pocket: Hawkbill Dragonfly 2 H1
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Smallfly G10, Squarehead LW, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native
Would like to own again: Sheepsfoot Caribbean
Wishlist: CQI Kapara, Watu, Tanto PM2, Shaman Sprints!

ChrisinHove

Postby ChrisinHove » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:19 am

This version has been such a sell-out success, there must be a case for other steel variants at very least, surely?

TkoK83Spy

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:36 am

This is still one of my favorite knives I have. Would be great to see other variations come along, must buy in my book!
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

Mzen

Postby Mzen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:46 am

Personally I am absolutely satisfied with this model and steel choice, I would much rather that Spyderco gave the UKPK a little break and focus on giving us new slipjoint options. I mean, even Zero Tolerance is getting into slippies now, doesn't get any weirder than that.

I'm definitely looking forward to the elusive non-locking Lil Native, but I would love for them to give us another high-end slipjoint... Maybe a sequel to the Spyderco PITS? Always wanted to give the original a try, but it's going for silly prices now.

Or maybe a bigger and burlier Roadie could be an interesting proposition, make it in G10 or micarta, able to be disassembled and call it the Roadster :D

elena86

Postby elena86 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:37 am

buckleys wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 pm
lately I've been using this the most, and am starting to like it even more than my customized bugout and both my para 3 lws. It's insanely light, and has proven to me that I don't really need a locking blade for most of my tasks which is mostly office-droning. Also the ergonomics are insanely good, possibly better than any other knife I have. And the stock is very nice and thin, I think as thin as the chapparal. Wouldn't mind some other ones in cool colours :)

Nope ...chaparral is thinner
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it " ( Rabindranath Tagore )

Sharp Guy

Postby Sharp Guy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:20 pm

My HH UKPK is on me today! Since receiving this one I haven't carried my other two UKPS or either of my Urbans
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”