G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Post by sal »

I carried one today and was very pleased with the CQI. Gail took my first one so I had to replace it. It's a very nice EDC.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 pm
I carried one today and was very pleased with the CQI. Gail took my first one so I had to replace it. It's a very nice EDC.

sal

Must be nice to just grab one and not have to wait for shipping overseas! :D The funny thing is that you have to ship them to the UK just so they can ship them back to those of us in the USA!! Long journey, especially if someone in Golden, CO ordered one from HH. :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Still waiting for mine to arrive for going on two weeks now. I've heard of a slow boat from China, but a slow boat from the UK is a new one! ;)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Incredible, I can't believe it's taking THAT long.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am

It did end up coming today! :D Just got it!

It really did exceed my expectations. I had no idea what to expect really as I have never had a Spyderco slip joint. It does indeed take quite a bit of force to disengage the blade, and I like the 50% lockup that should stop it from closing on your fingers in a lot of circumstances. The only hairy situation I can see is if it the blade is lodged in something and you are trying to pull it out like King Arthur's Sword! I am no longer afraid of slippies. AEB-L Urban here I come! :D
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sooooo...when are we gonna see an LC200N UKPK Salt??? I'll take a G10 and FRN version please. These would be great knives for cutting up food at on the go at restaurants, bbqs, fairs, whatever.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:31 pm
Sooooo...when are we gonna see an LC200N UKPK Salt??? I'll take a G10 and FRN version please. These would be great knives for cutting up food at on the go at restaurants, bbqs, fairs, whatever.
Mr reluctant is now a full convert! Welcome to the club. The bd1n ukpk in frn is not bad, btw.
fixall

Post by fixall »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:26 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am

It did end up coming today! :D Just got it!

It really did exceed my expectations. I had no idea what to expect really as I have never had a Spyderco slip joint. It does indeed take quite a bit of force to disengage the blade, and I like the 50% lockup that should stop it from closing on your fingers in a lot of circumstances. The only hairy situation I can see is if it the blade is lodged in something and you are trying to pull it out like King Arthur's Sword! I am no longer afraid of slippies. AEB-L Urban here I come! :D
I'm glad it ended up exceeding your expectations. It didn't take long for the UKPK to convert me either. It's a great knife.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Steelcity,

Glad you finally got it it. I was beginning to think there was a problem? Also glad you like it. I think it's probably the best UK that the Golden knife-makers have built to date. I'm quite proud of them. If HH is wise, in my opinion, they will keep their option to continue the model. Maybe some additional variations in color or steel?

sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'd definitely be in on another variation from them, especially around that $100 price range. Such a great knife, can't believe I debated it for a month and finally caved. I'd be kicking myself for missing out!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:47 pm
Hi Steelcity,

Glad you finally got it it. I was beginning to think there was a problem? Also glad you like it. I think it's probably the best UK that the Golden knife-makers have built to date. I'm quite proud of them. If HH is wise, in my opinion, they will keep their option to continue the model. Maybe some additional variations in color or steel?

sal

Thanks Sal. Yes, I was worried for a minute! It is a really impressive knife and one heck of a bargain for a Golden Made G10 supersteel knife shipped across the globe (twice...to UK and back!) all for under $100 USD!

I hope HH does some additional variations as well. I think AEB-L or CPM-CRUWEAR would be great. Maybe a DLC option? And an LC200N G10 Salt model would be an amazing production knife.

Looking forward to that AEB-L Urban!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

It would be great to see more color and steel options in g10! If anyone from HH is reading, a drop point with brown G10 would be a nice nod to the Stretch!
sal wrote:
Hi Steelcity,

sal
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Enactive wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:13 pm
It would be great to see more color and steel options in g10! If anyone from HH is reading, a drop point with brown G10 would be a nice nod to the Stretch!
That sounds good. But what steel?
204p/20cv/m390?
4v?
K390?
Rex45? (Maybe save that for the burnt orange)
Cruwear?
Rwl 34 ?
Maybe a mule throwback... cobalt special?
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Cruwear or M390 family...
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Would maybe go for a Salt with LC too!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I would love a bright orange frn LC200N and a brunt orange G10 rex45.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

just got a back in stock email notification! looks like you have another chance to grab one!

https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-heinni ... 0?___SID=U
elena86

Post by elena86 »

sal wrote:
Hi Steelcity,

sal

I pray for Elmax and British Racing Green .... I couldn't purchase the British Blades exclusive Urban :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

elena86 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 am
sal wrote:
Hi Steelcity,

sal

I pray for Elmax and British Racing Green .... I couldn't purchase the British Blades exclusive Urban :eek:

There’s a used one up for sale on EdgeMatters at the moment...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:37 am
elena86 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 am
sal wrote:
Hi Steelcity,

sal

There’s a used one up for sale on EdgeMatters at the moment...

How much are they asking?? Buy it and ship it to me in the states! :)