G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Accutronman

Re: G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Post by Accutronman »

Picked up a CC one. Superb construction, great in hand ergos, and the red G10 coupled with S30V makes it a more compelling version than the S110V version.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I did see one on the bay so someone didn't appreciate it as much as this thread does. I'm enjoying mine!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I think they should do one in a different color and steel rather than rerunning the red/s30v. grey g10 with Cruwear would be a hit i bet.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:16 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:13 pm
What a successful run! Seems they are all sold out and according to their site they won’t be getting any more. I hope all those that wanted one got one and are enjoying it. I’m shocked at what a success it was. Glad people are seeing the light!

I wonder if my order will get filled. It was in stock when I ordered last night. Hope they didn't oversell. i guess I'll find Monday if I get a shipping notification.

They were closed yesterday for a bank holiday (what holiday was it in the UK????). But I did get my shipping notice this morning and my VAT tax refund as well. So I guess I lucked out and got one of, if not the last one they had in stock on Friday night! :D

It does look like they are getting more in 14-21 days and it even looks like they are accepting backorder orders that will ship when they come in, so don't fear if you missed out!

I hope this is the last batch of these though and they do a new run in a new steel/color. Gray/Cruwear would be cool. Or maybe Blurple/DLC 4V?? They should keep doing these in different steels/colors since they are geared for the UK Market. I mean its even in the name!! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:59 pm
I think they should do one in a different color and steel rather than rerunning the red/s30v. grey g10 with Cruwear would be a hit i bet.
As I understand it this is a deal exclusive, giving them the continuing right to reorder batches of this exact design. I would guess that changes in steel or colour would make it a new design.
---------
Tony S
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

aesmith wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:48 am
steelcity16 wrote:
As I understand it this is a deal exclusive, giving them the continuing right to reorder batches of this exact design. I would guess that changes in steel or colour would make it a new design.

True, but I assume they can order whatever combo they want rather than continuing to order the same red/S30V, as long as it isn't a combo exclusive to another dealer like Jade/M4
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 am
aesmith wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:48 am
steelcity16 wrote:

True, but I assume they can order whatever combo they want rather than continuing to order the same red/S30V, as long as it isn't a combo exclusive to another dealer like Jade/M4
...and Spyderco agrees to make it. As you know, they don't always agree to make everything the dealers ask for.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I’m just hoping that other dealers are considering other exclusives in the ukpk or caly platform. If the caly3 was made in golden, I think we would be swimming in exclusives.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SF Native wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:00 pm
I’m just hoping that other dealers are considering other exclusives in the ukpk or caly platform. If the caly3 was made in golden, I think we would be swimming in exclusives.

Yeah, and I suspect the price would be much lower as well due high cost of importing G10 to Japan making G10 models from there crazy expensive. It sounds like they won't ever move makers, but a lower priced G10 Caly 3 made in Golden with steels like Cruwear, 4V, K390, CTS-XHP, Rex45, etc would be amazing!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Another thing I discovered that I love about this knife, as I'm carrying it today...sometimes when doing some light cutting on packing tape or shrink wrap, I find it easier to just disengage it from the fully opened position just a few degrees and let the blade rest on my index while using the choil to make a particular cut, instead of changing the angle I'm cutting with my wrist or arm. Obviously something very minor, but cool and easy with this model as all it takes is a bit of pressure with my thumb, that's already on the ramp.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Anyone figure out the backorder time on the HH webpage? Reads 14-21 days but when you click on backorder, pop-up window reads 4-6 weeks. Last time I did math 14 days equaled 2 weeks and 21 days equaled 3 weeks, and 2-3 weeks didn't equal 4-6 weeks. But times just keep a changing rapidly and I can't seem to keep up so maybe nowadays they do????

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

cycleguy wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Anyone figure out the backorder time on the HH webpage? Reads 14-21 days but when you click on backorder, pop-up window reads 4-6 weeks. Last time I did math 14 days equaled 2 weeks and 21 days equaled 3 weeks, and 2-3 weeks didn't equal 4-6 weeks. But times just keep a changing rapidly and I can't seem to keep up so maybe nowadays they do????

CG

There is a Q&A part of the HH UKPK webpage. Maybe post there? It looks like they have answered a lot of questions.

Mine shipped Tuesday and I am on the East Coast of the US. How quickly did it arrive for those of you in the states???
sal

Post by sal »

The model was made in the Golden factory. If they sold out of what they ordered, assuming they re-order, the new run would have to be scheduled.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm
The model was made in the Golden factory. If they sold out of what they ordered, assuming they re-order, the new run would have to be scheduled.

sal

Hmmm, I wonder if they didn't realize the lead times were longer than 7-14 days? Maybe a miscommunication? It is still on the front page of their website as a promoted item. :confused: :eek: I think I got one of, if not the last ones they had last Friday night. Glad I didn't wait a minute longer! Hopefully it arrives in the mail tomorrow!

from the Q&A part of the HH UKPK website:

Q: Will this knife be discontinued soon? I want to wait until I have more money to buy it, like a responsible adult, but really don't wanna miss out.

A: Hello, they are all sold out now but its an exclusive not a sprint run so we will be getting more in.

Heinnie Haynes answered on 7 May 2019
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

How long did it take to ship to the USA for those of you here who got one?? I am in NC and it shipped on Tuesday, still didn't arrive yet and mail already came today. :( :confused:
sal

Post by sal »

I checked and we have some on hand here in Golden. We should be able to send them to HH.

sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm
sal wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm

sal

from the Q&A part of the HH UKPK website:

Q: Will this knife be discontinued soon? I want to wait until I have more money to buy it, like a responsible adult, but really don't wanna miss out.

A: Hello, they are all sold out now but its an exclusive not a sprint run so we will be getting more in.

Heinnie Haynes answered on 7 May 2019
What a terribly uninformative answer! That gets us no closer to knowing whether this first run is completely sold out (which I’m guessing it is), or whether they still have a small stash of them remaining. Regarding the “getting more in”, that may likely mean they need to order a full second run which Sal has implied has not been ordered as of yet, and when it does, they’ll fall into the deep scheduling queue they most likely already have. That means you won’t see these again for many months (or a year or more). I recommend folks watch the Exchange, eBay etc. for these if you want one earlier than that (I sold an extra one on the Exchange a few days back at HH’s price).

Regarding the shipping schedule, be patient. If you chose shipping without tracking as I did on my first order, it took nearly 3 weeks to arrive. The backup one I bought (and since sold) I ordered with tracking and it came in about 1.5 weeks. Hope that helps, Radioactive :)

EDIT: Looks like Sal posted in the meantime they might have a few left in Colorado. Better watch HH like a hawk! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 am
How long did it take to ship to the USA for those of you here who got one?? I am in NC and it shipped on Tuesday, still didn't arrive yet and mail already came today. :( :confused:
Mine left the UK March 27th, arrived in Los Angeles the same date. It then sat in customs for 3 days, with a delivery date of April 1st near SLC, Utah.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Regarding the shipping schedule, be patient. If you chose shipping without tracking as I did on my first order, it took nearly 3 weeks to arrive. The backup one I bought (and since sold) I ordered with tracking and it came in about 1.5 weeks. Hope that helps, Radioactive :)

That does help, but dang, I guess I should have spent the extra few dollars! 3 weeks??? :confused: :eek: :( Thanks for the answer!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mine took a little over a week without any special shipping/tracking.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick