G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Re: G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Post by ChrisinHove »

It would be a crying shame not to see this in more steels!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:37 pm

This.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

How about a drop point with OD green G10?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 pm
Prettied mine up a bit with a custom Ripps clip (just couldn’t resist how well it matched) :)

There’s really not much I can add to what the others have said about this updated CQI version of the UKPK. It is clear they spent a good deal of care and attention to upgrading what was already a fantastic knife design. I do hope this means we’ll see more of these as exclusives from other dealers in the US (perhaps a sprint even from Spyderco), since it would be a shame to have another long lull in seeing another one. A blue G10 one would be fabulous - perhaps this could be the sprint color so as not to have any conflicts with the dealer already staking claim on that color.
Love that prybar! Who made it?
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:29 pm
ChrisinHove wrote:

This.

I'd love to see a locking version (Caly) made in Golden so it is more affordable than the expensive Japan G10 models. And that would allow a G10 Caly with broadest array of steel options like Cruwear and 20CV.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:34 pm
I'd love to see a locking version (Caly) made in Golden ...
Has this happened before, moving a knife to a new production facility?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Agreed! I passed on this one because I already have a S30V UKPK but with orange G10. I also have 4 other knives with red G10. But another G10 UKPK some other steel and a nice color handle and it would be hard for me to resist. Heck I'm still trying to resist this one. :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

ChrisinHove wrote:
I hope for the sake of paying my mortgage, they don't go on a binge like the PM2'S and Para 3's did last year! This or the Caly 3 would tempt me with any variation at this point. Can't wait to use this UKPK at work tomorrow.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:41 pm
ChrisinHove wrote:
Agreed! I passed on this one because I already have a S30V UKPK but with orange G10. I also have 4 other knives with red G10. But another G10 UKPK some other steel and a nice color handle and it would be hard for me to resist. Heck I'm still trying to resist this one. :)

I hear what you’re saying but this knife isn’t the same as the orange g10 ukpk. It’s got the new upgraded spring and a thinner grind. For the price, I don’t think you should skip out on this new one because of S30V.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

I hear what you’re saying but this knife isn’t the same as the orange g10 ukpk. It’s got the new upgraded spring and a thinner grind. For the price, I don’t think you should skip out on this new one because of S30V.
It’s got the nicest action of any UKPK I’ve handled - black G10, s110v LW, GIN 1 LW. Having said that I’ve been using the softly sprung GIN 1 all weekend on a fencing project, and the super easy one handed open AND close is pretty handy at times.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

I had a feeling you were going to say that. :) I considered that too. It's just that I'm so overloaded with knives right now that I'm being picky on what I buy. I'm also doing other things with my spending money and it's hard for me to justify using that money to buy another knife just because the spring and grind are improved. It would be nice to have but I'm perfectly happy with what I already have.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:00 pm
Hi there, it’s a “KnifeGuys Impact Tool” or KIT made by the KnifeGuys Cody and Shawn in northern California. They are also the makers of the Tipsy Turtle and BrewBead. They are taking some time off recently from making EDC stuff, but hopefully they’ll be back at it soon. They sell their stuff on their website and on Instagram. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:00 pm
Hi there, it’s a “KnifeGuys Impact Tool” or KIT made by the KnifeGuys Cody and Shawn in northern California. They are also the makers of the Tipsy Turtle and BrewBead. They are taking some time off recently from making EDC stuff, but hopefully they’ll be back at it soon. They sell their stuff on their website and on Instagram. Cheers, Radioactive :)
Thanks, that's one of the first prybars that looks stout enough to handle what I would be using it for.

I hope they start making them again!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

What color would you say these scales are? I’ve got a buddy who is an Alabama fan, and I’ve thought about gifting him this knife! Can it pass as Crimson?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think crimson could work. A bit lighter, brighter in direct sunlight though...as it's linerless. Would be a nice gift for an Alabama fan though!

-Rick
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 pm
I think crimson could work. A bit lighter, brighter in direct sunlight though...as it's linerless. Would be a nice gift for an Alabama fan though!
TkoK83Spy,

Thanks for the feedback!

Hamilton
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Here's one I took in natural sunlight earlier today. Partly shaded, part in the sun. Hope this helps!

vnfqVjrh.jpg

-Rick
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

toocool006 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:00 pm
Enablers, the lot of yez.

Got one incoming across the pond, and there was much rejoicing (except in my bank account) :p
Same. :D

The Caly 3 is my favorite model. I regret selling off my orange UKPK several years ago and now feel I've upgraded to red g10, haha.

I'd LOVE to see Golden start making locking Caly 3's but that's not going to happen as long as they maintain their relationship with the original Japanese makers.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I think I prefer this model to the locking Caly’s... Thin blade, linerless G10, and no up/down blade play as with many of the Japan back locks!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:48 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:04 pm
I finally succumbed to temptation. I can't believe it's still available. The Brits aren't nearly as exclusive thirsty as we are :p . Have one incoming!! $115...doesn't seem like a bad deal! Failed at a Caly 3 Hap40 sprint earlier today. Been desiring this design. I'm pretty excited!!

Man, might have to grab one of these. Those pics look super nice! Also surprised that they are still available. I thought Brits weren't even allowed to own steak knives over there? Do they need a knife permit? What exactly are the laws on knives across the pond?
I was just looking back through this thread...on March 26th, both you and I were interested in this knife, but said we would pass. Join me friend, succumb to temptation!! Hahaha. Saw a post that 675 of 1200 had been sold a few weeks ago, quite surprised they are still available after reading that just now.

I know you love your high end steels, as do I...but this really is a hard pass for $115

In the end I think I need a lock. Still haven't caved on this one. I need it to sell out quick! Or I need some other exclusive to drop and take my mind (and money) off this!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red