Getting excited for BladeShow

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
M4Life

Getting excited for BladeShow

Post by M4Life »

Hey guys so I’m going to be headed to Atlanta in June for blade show 2019! This is my first time attending blade show so let me know if you guys have any advice. Also If any of you guys will be headed to blade show as well, let me know what part you’re most excited for and which of your knives you plan to bring with you (I still haven’t decided which of mine I’m going to bring).
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium
glutofknives

Re: Getting excited for BladeShow

Post by glutofknives »

You’re going to have a blast. Bladw show is so worth it, especially for a first timer.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'm thinking of going again this year, just to enjoy the prototype case!

(That's my excuse, anyways!)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

It helps to get an early start only to wait in a really long line to get in. Once the doors open though, it'll be worth it. Wear comfortable shoes and take a small backpack to carry home all your loot.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

It'll be my first. Definitely excited to go =P
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I’m always excited about going to Blade. For me, it’s as much about the people and the relationships as it is about the knives. Heck, I’ve been to four shows in a row now and I have never bought a knife at Blade. I know, i’m weird. Haha. I enjoy the show more every year though because each year I have more friends and more people that I’m looking forward to seeing. As far as looking at knives, I find I spend at least half my time hanging around the Spyderco prototype case.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I couldn't go last year, first Blade Show I've missed since 2002. Looking forward to going again this year.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Cannot wait!!! My absolute favorite show of the year! My first show I was worried about not having enough money to buy what I wanted but I quickly found out that really wasn’t even my agenda. For me the fun of it is more just meeting people , checking out cool knives and food. My tips would be to do a lot of google searching on restaurants cause there are some amazing places to eat out there. I recommend Pappaduex’s. Be sure to go to the pit every night. Never know who you might see out there or what you might find after hours. I’ve got some pretty good deals in the pit. Parking is a pain throughout the show unless you get there early so if you do find a spot and then decide to go somewhere for lunch I’d recommend Ubering. Also in my opinion I don’t see a reason to try and hit every booth the first day. I like to try and hit my main spots I had planned on Friday and then hit half the floor. Then I do the other half on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Rich
Think for yourself
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Only 2 weeks away!!! Anyone else make last minute plans and are now going to attend? Can’t wait to see everyone!

Rich
Think for yourself