M4 Shaman Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: M4 Shaman Exclusive

Post by Sumdumguy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:46 pm
Very cool of BladeHQ to clarify some things regarding the shaman exclusive. Seems like they did their best to make things fair and smooth.

Maybe they’ll double the order to 1200 for the DLC version.
What about us weirdos that like the satin? I say a 600pc reissue of satin aswell!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
jacala

Post by jacala »

I will now NOT buy anymore Spydercos from BHQ until I receive my pre ordered Smock ,approx 8 months ago.
And I think all Shamans should be recalled and start the process again.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

good to know about order lead times!

It feels a bit like the mechanical keyboard/keycap world where you've got to wait for a slot in production for your desired set to get made.....usually months, sometimes years.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Wow, I didn't realize that it takes that long to receive orders from Spyderco

A lot changes in two years
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

lol whining/ crying a tear in your beer about flipping..that is soo 2013..and 2014 if I think about it.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Philo Beddoe wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:27 pm
lol whining/ crying a tear in your beer about flipping..that is soo 2013..and 2014 if I think about it.
No doubt! Don't like a flipped price? Move on.
Justin
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

SpyderSeth wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm
BladeHQ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 pm
For reference, less than 2% of the orders bought 3 or 4 knives, 11% bought 2 and the rest bought one knife.
So, in other words, everyone had a fair shot.
Absolutely amazed about the amount of crying in this thread and yet here are the stats.
Justin
atv223

Post by atv223 »

Based on BHQ's numbers, if the run was 600 knives and the people who bought more then one sell the extras they bought, that means that about 78 knives (13%) will end up in the secondary market.

What's interesting, if those people didn't buy them to resell, and everyone only bought 1 to keep, no one that missed out would be able to get one at almost any price. So in someways, the people buying to flip are actually helping out those that couldn't for, one reason or another buy one live, still get one.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Had a 2 knife limit been in effect, what would that do? Buy you about 10 extra minutes to get one? These things were going to sell out lickity split regardless.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
jacala

Post by jacala »

crazywednesday wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:40 pm
SpyderSeth wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm
BladeHQ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 pm
For reference, less than 2% of the orders bought 3 or 4 knives, 11% bought 2 and the rest bought one knife.
So, in other words, everyone had a fair shot.
Absolutely amazed about the amount of crying in this thread and yet here are the stats.
"The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!!"
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Pelagic wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:19 pm
Had a 2 knife limit been in effect, what would that do? Buy you about 10 extra minutes to get one? These things were going to sell out lickity split regardless.
This is posted in a thread. There was a 3 per person. 2 people bought 4 in a glitch.
Justin
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

:D I'm amazed by the amount of crying about the amount of crying in this thread ;) Move on right?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
PStone

Post by PStone »

SG89

Post by SG89 »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 am
Great looking scales!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PStone

Post by PStone »

Thank you! My wife says they match my DrMartens. :cool:

I honestly can’t believe how easy it is to dye these jade scales. Wish I would’ve known this sooner.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 am

I honestly can’t believe how easy it is to dye these jade scales. Wish I would’ve known this sooner.

I'm interested in how they look with some wear and tear. I've dyed the yellow FRN Salts and eventually the dye wears down to the black again. It might look kinda cool depending on the color you dye it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
PStone

Post by PStone »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:

I'm interested in how they look with some wear and tear. I've dyed the yellow FRN Salts and eventually the dye wears down to the black again. It might look kinda cool depending on the color you dye it.
I will post pics when that happens. Fingers crossed it does what you say and doesn't end up a mucus/snot colored handle. (EDIT: because of brown + green. Not talking smack about jade)I figure worst case is just dye it again. There have been some posts detailing the removal of dye. That’s really what gave me the cajones to do it in the first place. I’ve done 3 in as many weeks. Next I’m thinking of doing the lil nilakka. Just not sure what color to do.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am
Evil D wrote:
DirtMcGirt wrote:

I will post pics when that happens. Fingers crossed it does what you say and doesn't end up a mucus/snot colored handle. (EDIT: because of brown + green. Not talking smack about jade)I figure worst case is just dye it again. There have been some posts detailing the removal of dye. That’s really what gave me the cajones to do it in the first place. I’ve done 3 in as many weeks. Next I’m thinking of doing the lil nilakka. Just not sure what color to do.

Yeah I'm really shocked the dye remover works at all. I'm be really surprised if jade went all the way back to jade with that remover. It has me thinking about dying my Caribbean.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:41 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am
Evil D wrote:
DirtMcGirt wrote:

Yeah I'm really shocked the dye remover works at all. I'm be really surprised if jade went all the way back to jade with that remover. It has me thinking about dying my Caribbean.
I dyed mine denim blue and it came out minutely greenish but subdued it a lot.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Crux

Post by Crux »

There is a rumor on the web that the M$ Shaman has cooties. I cannot independently verify this but I urge all my friends here to wash your hands.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: