M4 Shaman Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: M4 Shaman Exclusive

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:10 am
If you have a desk job. Personally, I would rather jump off a bridge than work at a desk. ;) I spend most of my workday outside. Cell phone coverage is pretty spotty around here. :)

Thankfully a kind forum member is helping a brother out. :D

Haha I’m glad to hear you won’t be missing out. This forum is awesome and full of such great people.

Yeah if I could get away from a desk job that would be pretty great.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I work overnight and can be on right away to get at all the exclusives if someone ever needs help cause they won't be able to be online.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Dreaded

Post by Dreaded »

Still reeling about this, was all set to head to the average mans place of business when I got called into a meeting. Watched as the clock rolled past launch time, half hour later no dice.. oh well.
mayong

Post by mayong »

I was lucky enough to get one.

It just arrived in the mail a few minutes ago. This is my first Shaman, and I really failed to appreciate what a beefsteak it is until just now. PM2 feels like a lightweight knife in comparison!

Police | Calypso | Caly 3 & 3.5 | PM 2 | Para 3 | UKPK | Endura | Dragonfly | Sage 2 | Sage 5

"While this test doesn't simulate any logical use of a knife as a tool, since it was a concern of some of our customers, we began incorporating it into our testing protocols." - Michael Janich
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

mayong wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:03 am
I was lucky enough to get one.

It just arrived in the mail a few minutes ago. This is my first Shaman, and I really failed to appreciate what a beefsteak it is until just now. PM2 feels like a lightweight knife in comparison!

It really is a hard use knife. I've battoned mine with the lock engaged through 3 inch hardwood with no ill effects.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

I picked up the exclusive DLT Paramilitary 2 that dropped at the same time as the Blade HQ Shaman.

Had to move quickly, and rely on Chrome's excellent autofill feature, but I managed to pick up 2 of each. It's something I've been doing recently, as I like to put 1 knife in rotation and 1 in storage (or just sell the 2nd knife outright).

Interestingly, DLT had a limit of 2 per household; Blade HQ didn't. I don't know what that's all about, but I could've easily scooped up 10 or 100 knives from Blade HQ. One more point: Blade HQ charges me tax, which is extremely infuriating, especially considering none of the other retailers I deal with do so (for instance, BladeOps is based in Utah too, and they don't charge tax).

Were it not for the sweet exclusives, I'd avoid Blade HQ entirely, to be honest. Their barker (Ben) is fantastically obnoxious as well.
Dreaded

Post by Dreaded »

bagsnatcher wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 am

Interestingly, DLT had a limit of 2 per household; Blade HQ didn't. I don't know what that's all about, but I could've easily scooped up 10 or 100 knives from Blade HQ.
Annnd that’s why some jagbag is selling them for 390$ a pop with 3 available on the Bay right now.
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Dreaded wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 am
bagsnatcher wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 am

Interestingly, DLT had a limit of 2 per household; Blade HQ didn't. I don't know what that's all about, but I could've easily scooped up 10 or 100 knives from Blade HQ.
Annnd that’s why some jagbag is selling them for 390$ a pop with 3 available on the Bay right now.
I should list mine for 385, just to mess with him.
Skyemaster12

Post by Skyemaster12 »

One YT video I watched recently was calling the Shaman the PM2 killer.
Delica G-2 Frn, Para3 s35 Brn, Native 5 M4 Natural, PM2 390 Red, Para 3 390 Red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Skyemaster12 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 am
One YT video I watched recently was calling the Shaman the PM2 killer.
it did make moving my PM2 along a lot easier.... ;)

then we were introduced to the tanto PM2 and I'm back on the wagon.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Beauties. I'm a little worried about the very light colored G10 on the Paramiltary 2, and how it's going to discolor (especially when worn with jeans). I will most likely swap the blade out in a Micarta handled Paramiltary 2.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bagsnatcher wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 pm
Beauties. I'm a little worried about the very light colored G10 on the Paramiltary 2, and how it's going to discolor (especially when worn with jeans). I will most likely swap the blade out in a Micarta handled Paramiltary 2.
For me the tan G10 hasn't shown dirt like I thought it would. But I haven't really used it with dirty hands either. I usually grab a FRN knife for doing the dirty work. I might be a little leary of brand new blue jeans but otherwise it's been fine. I didn't feel as comfortable with the (very) light grey G10 that's on the Para 3 Cruwear so I dyed it a darker grey.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mine and another forum members came today! :)
7AC118C2-05D5-4ED1-9FC9-9695637F1B64.jpeg
"No matter where you go, there you are"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Did anyone ask BHQ when they expect the DLC version of this Shaman to drop? Id think pretty soon? Maybe next after the DLC Yo? Whats after that then I wonder??? Lil Native??? Id be down for that in DLC M4!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

Received mine in the mail today as well. It is perfect. I even greatly prefer the satin finish over the stone wash. Great action and centered nicely. And extremely sharp.

I only have one complaint(for bhq) It’s that I upgraded to priority shipping, and it arrived in a thick paper envelope. I hate it when knives are mailed in envelopes. Had I elected free shipping, I would have gotten a box. A box filled literally with priority mail bubble envelopes as padding. Lesson learned.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just need a Jade Lil' Native and the family is complete.

Great looking knife. I was happy to see that the pocket clip while not as heavily stone washed as the original was not super shiny. Lightly stone washed. I always really liked how subtle the orginal shamans clip was in pocket, glad this one has a similar finish. It's a nice touch.
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:42 pm
I only have one complaint(for bhq) It’s that I upgraded to priority shipping, and it arrived in a thick paper envelope. I hate it when knives are mailed in envelopes. Had I elected free shipping, I would have gotten a box. A box filled literally with priority mail bubble envelopes as padding. Lesson learned.
I went for UPS 2-day and got a box with styrofoam peanuts.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Dreaded

Post by Dreaded »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 pm
Did anyone ask BHQ when they expect the DLC version of this Shaman to drop? Id think pretty soon? Maybe next after the DLC Yo? Whats after that then I wonder??? Lil Native??? Id be down for that in DLC M4!
I asked right away when they posted the announcement but no reply as to whether it was a yay or nay.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Dreaded wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:10 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 pm
I asked right away when they posted the announcement but no reply as to whether it was a yay or nay.
With the speed these sold out, I'd say it's a yay.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

They'd be silly not to. Although im pretty sure dlc yo2 is next.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:10 pm
They'd be silly not to. Although im pretty sure dlc yo2 is next.
I think you're right Matt. I believe I saw a sighting of it that someone posted from BHQ's FB or Instagram page a couple weeks ago?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick