Why no CE Salt 2 / Pacific Salt?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonijedi

Why no CE Salt 2 / Pacific Salt?

Post by tonijedi »

On the Salt 2 and Pacific Salt we have full spyderedge and plain edge, why not a combination edge?
C99c

Re: Why no CE Salt 2 / Pacific Salt?

Post by C99c »

I'm going to guess that it has something to do with the extra time and expense. Is been stated in the past that grinding H1 into FFG would add a lot of time and expense and I think the combo edge would be similar.

I would, however, love to have a combo edge Pacific Salt. I'm hopeful that we'll see that option offered with the LC200N versions.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I would also love to see both a Combo Edge Pacific and Atlantic Salt. I would also love to see a Pacific Salt Wharncliffe.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

AS time goes by I'm starting to take a second look at a few older Spyders that were available in Combo Edge ( CE). They do much better with full sized folders with blades 3.5 inches and longer. A Delica just seems too short to utilize a combo edged blade IMO.

Although there is one exception to that rule. One of the older models I had called the SPUR model ( early to mid 90s model) had a blade design that did well with it's combo edge. I think the later model Pro-Grip was a jazzed up version of the SPUR IMO.

I've kind of wondered why some of the shorter fixed blade models were not offered in Combo Edge ( CE). I think the original STREETBEAT would be a great model for CE.