Greetings from a Lil native owner! Very pleased!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prsman

Greetings from a Lil native owner! Very pleased!

Post by prsman »

Hello folks,

Well, i’ve been bitten by the knife bug. I’ve always dug knives but it wasnt until a few months ago that i really got into high-end edc’s.

Thought i’d show a snap of my two knives as of today. This is my first spyderco. Fantastic knife!! I’ve had her 2 months. Love it. Highly functional for an office worker and weekend warrior like myself. I’ve had her stripped 3 times. Love the simplicity of these spydercos! So much so that i’m off to pick up my new spydiechef!!!

Cheers b’ys
66AC55D7-0FED-47E1-B8DC-300AB34F895F.jpeg
youmakemehole

Re: Greetings from a Lil native owner! Very pleased!

Post by youmakemehole »

if you like the lil native, be sure to consider the Rhino for your next one! Its very similar yet very different at the same time. i thought i didnt like trailing point blades until I took a chance with the rhino. its about t he same price as a lil native, maybe just a little bit more, but feels much classier and high quality. you won't be disappointed with the xhp steel either. I never knew a knife that small and light could give me such an amazing 4 finger grip, and also be that solid to boot. the spine essentially can be a giant choil for your thumb or index finger, and you get insane control and stability that way.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Lil Native is so great. I've been carrying one since they were first released. Started out with the satin and then switched to the DLC. It's the perfect knife for me.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Prsman,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Welcome!

Caribbean leaf PE, Baby Horn and Mantra 1 are knives you must try. There are more, but those are top contenders in my pocket.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I waited to see if a Lil Native sprint would be announced before buying one. Couldn't wait any longer to check out this little guy so I picked up a Compression lock version, and so glad that I did. It beats the Dragonfly, the Chaparral, and the Rhino in my opinion. I'm definitely excited for the first Lil Native sprint, whatever it may be.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Lil Native comp lock is in my regular EDC rotation and sees frequent use. A comp lock sprint/exclusive would be a no-brainer purchase.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, and yeah, that’s a swell little knife, though I see you got the wrong one. Should have been a back lock. ;) Just bugging you.
- best wishes, Jazz.
prsman

Post by prsman »

Jazz wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 pm
Welcome, and yeah, that’s a swell little knife, though I see you got the wrong one. Should have been a back lock. ;) Just bugging you.
Lol...don’t tempt me!

Thanks for the welcomes!
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Yes, great compact folder!
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

prsman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 am
Hello folks,

Well, i’ve been bitten by the knife bug. I’ve always dug knives but it wasnt until a few months ago that i really got into high-end edc’s.

Thought i’d show a snap of my two knives as of today. This is my first spyderco. Fantastic knife!! I’ve had her 2 months. Love it. Highly functional for an office worker and weekend warrior like myself. I’ve had her stripped 3 times. Love the simplicity of these spydercos! So much so that i’m off to pick up my new spydiechef!!!

Cheers b’ys 66AC55D7-0FED-47E1-B8DC-300AB34F895F.jpeg
Congratulations on the new Lil Native! I've been carrying mine almost daily with a larger folder, And sometimes a sub 4 inch fixed. I've used the knife (along with a utility blade) for my main beater around the house. It has weathered heavy use better then I expected. ..stout little folder!

James
Attachments
2019-03-15 21.09.30.jpg
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

Love my lil native compression lock. It’s on me 7 days a week. I own over 50 Spyderco’s. Haven’t carried one as long as this lil native. Can’t wait for a sprint or exclusive.
prsman

Post by prsman »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:59 am
Welcome!

Caribbean leaf PE, Baby Horn and Mantra 1 are knives you must try. There are more, but those are top contenders in my pocket.
I would love a Carribbean but I think the blade is too big for my use. I really think Spyderco would be onto something if they offered the PM 2 and Para 3 in LC200N.
I’d buy one of each!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

prsman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:09 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Welcome!

I would love a Carribbean but I think the blade is too big for my use. I really think Spyderco would be onto something if they offered the PM 2 and Para 3 in LC200N.
I’d buy one of each!
The Caribbean is the same size as the PM2, just better ;)
(Cutting edge specs are more akin to the Military)

I used a PM2 for about 3 years straight. It was a fantastic knife, but the Caribbean outclasses it by quite a large margin. Sal really raised the bar with it.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:18 am
prsman wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Welcome!

I’d buy one of each!

I used a PM2 for about 3 years straight. It was a fantastic knife, but the Caribbean outclasses it by quite a large margin. Sal really raised the bar with it.

Quite a bold statement ! Why would you say that ?!
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
prsman wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Welcome!

I’d buy one of each!

It outclasses the PM2 by existing.

It offers more cutting performance from a larger blade and cutting edge.

It's handles provide far more grip that the PM2 could dream of, while being more comfortable in the hand and less abrasive to the pockets.

It is almost no different from the PM2 in overall dimensions.

Looking at the specs, it competes with the Military more than the PM2.

Basically, you have a knife with the performance of the Military that is the size of the PM2.

You could argue that the PM2 has a forward choil for more utility, but the Caribbean's blade is so close to the handle it kinda negates that argument.

The only detractors I've really heard are the ugly scales and it being made in Taiwan. I'm fine with both.

I truly believe if they made this exact knife in Golden as it's own model with different steels and scale colors it would be a juggernaut.

-Thomas Jefferson
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 am
elena86 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
prsman wrote:

I’d buy one of each!

It outclasses the PM2 by existing.

It offers more cutting performance from a larger blade and cutting edge.

It's handles provide far more grip that the PM2 could dream of, while being more comfortable in the hand and less abrasive to the pockets.

It is almost no different from the PM2 in overall dimensions.

Looking at the specs, it competes with the Military more than the PM2.

Basically, you have a knife with the performance of the Military that is the size of the PM2.

You could argue that the PM2 has a forward choil for more utility, but the Caribbean's blade is so close to the handle it kinda negates that argument.

The only detractors I've really heard are the ugly scales and it being made in Taiwan. I'm fine with both.

I truly believe if they made this exact knife in Golden as it's own model with different steels and scale colors it would be a juggernaut.

Tell me more about the thickness behind the edge...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

That is a question that I can't answer. Mine has the cutting proficiency with which I require :)

I can and have cut many things like pencils, vinyl, plastic wrap, cardboard, drywall, electrical wires, myself(splinter removal), etc. S110V PM2 would have matched it, until it got it's butt kicked by a zip tie. The Caribbean laughs at zipties, but thats a steel thing more than a knife thing.

The PM2 held it's spot for 3 years, it was a fantastic knife. My only real issue with it was that no matter where you pulled it out at, it looked like a weapon or at best, a tactical tool. I have never once had a single issue with my Caribbean(or most any other Spyderco) it is completely benign. To quote my mother, "It looks like a homosexuals socks.".

I'm okay with that.

If anyone would like to bring forth the BTE measuremens, I'd be excited to see them.

-Thomas Jefferson