Who else is packing some LC200n? Whaddya think?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Forest Green

Re: Who else is packing some LC200n? Whaddya think?

Post by Forest Green »

I bought the serrated Caribbean because I didn't have a serrated knife and wanted to give it a try, I liked the idea of a serrated edge being rust-worry- free. At first I thought the knife was a bit too much for an EDC, but after putting it my pocket and finding it extremely useful for unexpected tasks I'm now a Caribbean evangelist, it's the only knife I carry, it always is working-edge sharp, I never worry about it being a hair whittler, and I never worry about scratching the scales, and it's quite easy to maintain the working edge. What I find so strange are my preconceptions of what I think the perfect knife would be, problem being I would never want to carry the "perfect knife" for fear of compromising it.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Forest Green wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:05 am
I bought the serrated Caribbean because I didn't have a serrated knife and wanted to give it a try, I liked the idea of a serrated edge being rust-worry- free. At first I thought the knife was a bit too much for an EDC, but after putting it my pocket and finding it extremely useful for unexpected tasks I'm now a Caribbean evangelist, it's the only knife I carry, it always is working-edge sharp, I never worry about it being a hair whittler, and I never worry about scratching the scales, and it's quite easy to maintain the working edge. What I find so strange are my preconceptions of what I think the perfect knife would be, problem being I would never want to carry the "perfect knife" for fear of compromising it.
I agree with you 100 percent. Very great post. I wish more people thought like you do. One of my fears if you could call it that if carrying the perfect knife would be that it gets damaged or lost. But the answer is to have two, if possible, right?

Tell myself and others more about your personal thoughts on the cutting ability of this knife. Do you find it to be like a "pocket hand held chainsaw"?
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Just sharpened my Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE for the first time. LC200N is a really great steel to work with on the Sharpmaker!
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Forest Green

Post by Forest Green »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 am
Forest Green wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:05 am
I agree with you 100 percent. Very great post. I wish more people thought like you do. One of my fears if you could call it that if carrying the perfect knife would be that it gets damaged or lost. But the answer is to have two, if possible, right?

Tell myself and others more about your personal thoughts on the cutting ability of this knife. Do you find it to be like a "pocket hand held chainsaw"?
Pocket chainsaw is a great descriptor for it's cutting power, it cuts through stuff so easily, unlike a chainsaw it can also be extremely agile and delicate, the tip being extraordinary for tiny starts.