Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Zatx
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:26 am

Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby Zatx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 am

Image


I posted the image above in the Murray Carter Collaboration thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83102&p=1310211#p1310211), and while I was looking at it I observed a previously unreleased Spyderco sharpening product. As you can see, it has the sharpening rods from the new Gauntlet, but unlike the Gauntlet, this attaches to the countertop and the sharpening angle looks closer to 15 degrees than the gauntlets 40.

Unlike the Gauntlet, this is a sharpening product that will find its way to my workbench!

Zoomed photo:

Image


(EDIT TO ADD: Sal has previously mentioned this product, but this is the first time we've seen it.)

User avatar
captnvegtble
Member
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby captnvegtble » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 am

Wowza... forget the sharpener, look at the new kitchen knives Spyderco is collaborating on!!!
https://www.spyderco.com/culinary/

User avatar
ejames13
Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby ejames13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:21 am

Wow that is exciting. I've always wished Spyderco would make Japanese style kitchen knives!

User avatar
Zatx
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:26 am

Re: Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby Zatx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:37 am

captnvegtble wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 am
Wowza... forget the sharpener, look at the new kitchen knives Spyderco is collaborating on!!!
https://www.spyderco.com/culinary/

Yep, that is why I included the link to the original thread and posted the sharpener info in a new one so as to avoid derailing the topic.

Dodge
Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: Virginia, USA, Earth

Re: Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby Dodge » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 am

Must be the galley V sharpener. I need to start saving for some z cuts!!
Sprint request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 LW Salt!!!

"If you won't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

User avatar
captnvegtble
Member
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby captnvegtble » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 am

Zatx wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:37 am
captnvegtble wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 am
Wowza... forget the sharpener, look at the new kitchen knives Spyderco is collaborating on!!!
https://www.spyderco.com/culinary/

Yep, that is why I included the link to the original thread and posted the sharpener info in a new one so as to avoid derailing the topic.
Sorry about that... not sure how I missed that other thread talking about the knives. Back on topic...

User avatar
Zatx
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:26 am

Re: Revealed: New Spyderco Sharpener!

Postby Zatx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 am

Dodge wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 am
Must be the galley V sharpener. I need to start saving for some z cuts!!
I agree; I think it is the Galley V, but I can't imagine it's very much for just the plastic base.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BornIn1500, Hobnob, Igi964, Monty, PSquared, SpyderGrill and 47 guests