BladeHQ DLC natural G10 Yojimbo 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
weeping minora

Re: BladeHQ DLC natural G10 Yojimbo 2

Post by weeping minora »

Lumpy620 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 am
I would really appreciate it if you guys could snap these up a little faster so I don't spend $168 I don't have. :o
+1 :p
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
HoustonB77

Post by HoustonB77 »

I got mine in the mail today and I am very pleased. This is my first Yo2 and the M4 makes it even better!
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

This is my first Yojimbo 2 ! You don't appreciate how different this blade is from pictures or video. The build quality is as good as any of my other BHQ Jade exclusives. The only major difference is the detent is pretty heavy. ..more so then any other compression lock knife I've got. I'm look forward to trying this design for normal use in the months ahead.

James
Attachments
2019-04-15 18.50.12.jpg
2019-04-15 18.50.37.jpg
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Got this baby in the mail yesterday, and it is my first Yojimbo.
This knife means business and melts into your palm to become an extension of your hand.

With that said mine too came with an extremely strong detent. I struggled to manually use the Spyderhole with my thumb. I had to use a great deal of force, and when it did disengage from the closed position... It would only open up about a quarter at first.

It felt rough like there was something abrasive in the pivot. Definitely does not drop shut and disengaging the lock whie closed does not release the blade (as it does with my Shaman, and 3 other pm2s). I can flick it open, but that too takes a descent amount of force, and isn't hundred percent reliable.

Honestly, my first instinct was to return it... Out of the 9 Spyders I own the action is just not good in comparison. But given this is not a regular production model. I figured I would bear with it for now, and either take it apart to oil, or mess with the screws (most likely will do both). Very nice piece all around aside from the action out of the box, which makes me a little sad.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:55 am
This knife means business and melts into your palm to become an extension of your hand.

With that said mine too came with an extremely strong detent. I struggled to manually use the Spyderhole with my thumb. I had to use a great deal of force, and when it did disengage from the closed position... It would only open up about a quarter at first.

It felt rough like there was something abrasive in the pivot. Definitely does not drop shut and disengaging the lock whie closed does not release the blade (as it does with my Shaman, and 3 other pm2s). I can flick it open, but that too takes a descent amount of force, and isn't hundred percent reliable.

Honestly, my first instinct was to return it... Out of the 9 Spyders I own the action is just not good in comparison. But given this is not a regular production model. I figured I would bear with it for now, and either take it apart to oil, or mess with the screws (most likely will do both). Very nice piece all around aside from the action out of the box, which makes me a little sad.
Over the years I've received many new Spyderco's that were gritty and tight OOTB. A little cleaning, lube and break-in period usually brings the action to life. Sometimes a subtle adjustment at the pivot screw and/or at the scale screws just in front of the compression lock does the trick.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:55 am

I was very surprised at the force required to open the knife. I added a few drops of liberty oil on both sides of the pivot and worked the blade throughout its travel. The blade now swings shut using the "comp wrist flip" and I can fire it open with a thumb flick!

Like Mako mentions above ....I would add some lube.and open/close the blade to work in the action. If it's still tight you can loosen the pivot ever so slight to help it along.

James
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Some more of these Yojimbo2 DLC M4 Natural G-10 (C85GM4PBK2) just showed up at BladeHQ!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ral--91388
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

Must be returns. Good luck.