Warehouse knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Re: Warehouse knife

Post by MichaelScott »

Cao87 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:43 am
I am just doing research that is all. I am pretty sure what I want is the
Manix 2 but $124 is a lot for a knife, also I know about the Delica warrencliffe
But I have a regular Delica but it is a bit small. Anyways thank you for you advice
And all that to say I just have t think if spending $124 on a knife is worth it
This is a long and rambling thread, but let me observe that you would not be spending $124 for a knife, rather a Manix 2. There is a big difference, and with Spyderco you get more than what you pay for.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Okay thanks for the advice all of you have a wonderful day
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Cao87 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 pm
Okay thanks for the advice all of you have a wonderful day
You too. Let us know when you decide and order something.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Cone10down

Post by Cone10down »

Tims wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:21 am
IF I worked in a warehouse, I would choose a plain edge wharncliffe Endura. For cutting power, blade length and quality.
I’m not sure if they’ll be available in orange? But I would get orange so it’s easy to find when put down/misplaced.
I would carry it loose in pocket
i use a plain blade orange Endura at my warehouse job. the color is great for seeing it and yes loose in pocket has been my preference. but i will be putting a delica through its paces soon and we will see how that goes.

Edit: used the Delica today and it was great! Fit in the key pocket of my jeans and was much easier to get to than fishing around my regular pocket for the Endura. Both great blades, but for accessibility I like the Delica. And with the razor edge that came on the hap40 I never felt like I needed more knife.
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Stretch or manix? I can’t decide
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Cao87 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:22 am
Both great knives. Both give you a locked in secure grip. My superblue Stretch has a fair bit of flex in the blade, not sure about in other steels. Not enough to make it seem flimsy or anything but noticeable. Both work well with gloves on and in a warehouse environment. I’m not sure what either are coming in price wise in whatever configuration you’re leaning towards but I’ll assume within your budget since being considered. So I guess it comes down to the lock, do you want the fidgeter approved cbbl, or a back-lock? If backlock Manix vs Stretch, then think about if you tend to keep your thumb on the ramp or like to choke way up and put your thumb on the spine closer to the tip. Stretch is better for that while I find the Manix better back on the ramp.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Serrated Tenacious
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Cao87 wrote:
Between those 2 i would choose the Stretch all the time.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Cao87 wrote:
I'd go with the Stretch, it has a more comfortable handle for me.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cao87 wrote:
My vote goes to the Stretch, no question. Great ergos, slimmer in the pocket, a bit more edge, most versatile bladeshape imho. And I prefer lockbacks.
That said: The tip of the Manix will be pointier if that's a priority of yours. (But the one of the Stretch is pointy enough for my needs).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

Honestly man it doesnt even really matter what you pick, I'm sure it will work out just fine. I bought an Endura about 2 years ago and loved it right away, it was my first actual good quality folder. I always had cheaper quality knives growing up but after that Endura I couldn't stop. Now I have 12 different Spydercos in only about a 2 year period of time lol which says alot because usually I dont just spend money on things that I dont absolutely need and by no means am I wealthy. I have everything from FRN models to G10 Exclusives like the BladeHQ M4 Native 5 and Para 3. I love every single model I own and use them all, no safe queens here lol. If I were you I would just figure out what design, blade shape, etc..you like and go from there. You can always look up YouTube videos on whatever model to get a better idea of its size in someone's hand. From my experience tho i have yet to buy anything from them that I didn't like.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Kyle8734 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:38 am
Honestly man it doesnt even really matter what you pick, I'm sure it will work out just fine. I bought an Endura about 2 years ago and loved it right away, it was my first actual good quality folder. I always had cheaper quality knives growing up but after that Endura I couldn't stop. Now I have 12 different Spydercos in only about a 2 year period of time lol which says alot because usually I dont just spend money on things that I dont absolutely need and by no means am I wealthy. I have everything from FRN models to G10 Exclusives like the BladeHQ M4 Native 5 and Para 3. I love every single model I own and use them all, no safe queens here lol. If I were you I would just figure out what design, blade shape, etc..you like and go from there. You can always look up YouTube videos on whatever model to get a better idea of its size in someone's hand. From my experience tho i have yet to buy anything from them that I didn't like.
Man, you were just describing... ME! :D
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

Lol
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Wow! Is this thread still going?

Honestly anything ought to do. Pick up one of those cheap box-cutter blade holding folder things and a box of blades and you will never have to learn to sharpen a knife. Oops, wait! This is the spyderco forum.

I still vote for the Tenacious if we need to make a choice from among Spydercos -- but if you are old enough to not chronically be losing things, then buy any fine and fancy knife and strut like a peacock!
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Yeah I can’t seem to make up my mind between knifes. But
I think I made up my mind ish I think I like the manix
Last edited by Cao87 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Caribbean is always the answer.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Ok I think I am going with um stretch 2 just because I already have
A knife with a back lock and I am used to it and it looks more comfortable
To hold. But I might change my mind again that’s why this therad is going on an on lol
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cao87 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:10 am
To hold. But I might change my mind again that’s why this therad is going on an on lol
Man! Just bring yourself to buy the Stretch, you won´t regret it! ;)
Just read all the recent posts concerning this knife... not too many people were disappointed as soon as they got it or at least after they had used it a few times.
This thing is all Spyderco stands for at it´s best imho.

EDIT: Let me add: There is no other way to really find out what you like concerning knives (and what not) than to actually (and finally ;) ) BUY one, carry and use it,use it, use it!! Worst thing that could happen: You sell it again and loose some of the money you initially spent. But even in that worst case you´d WIN a lot concerning experience and knowing what you really like...
Last edited by Wartstein on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

Cao87 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:10 am
Let us know how you like it when you try it
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:46 am
my favorite knife (not even just spyderco) is the manix 2 lw. it’s a wonderful blade and handle. it’s practically perfect. however, if you have to wear gloves, the cbbl might be a little cumbersome. (to be fair, i haven’t tried this; i’m just imagining it would be a little bit of a pain) i can open and close the manix one-handed, but it takes a little bit of focus to pull the cbbl back to close the blade.

for simplicity of use and robustness, i would probably suggest the native 5 lw. it’s a tough knife with a stout blade and great ergonomics that lock into your hand with or without gloves. the native begs to be beat on. it’s also cheaper than the manix or para 3. i would recommend the salt version unless lc200n doesn’t hold its edge long enough for your purposes, in which case i’d go with s110v.

another good option if you’re worried about hard use on an expensive knife is just using a utility knife. just get a cheap box cutter and beat the junk out of it. then get whatever pocket knife you want for normal edc tasks and keep it from the heavy chores at work. these expensive knives can take the work, but i understand not wanting to punish them after spending so much money on them.
i know people want this thread to die, but i have to amend my comments...

i was away from my manix for a few weeks when i made this comment. i just tried opening and closing it with some mechanix gloves and it was way easier than i thought it would be. in fact, it may have been easier with the gloves than without. i still can’t speak to thicker winter gloves, but work gloves shouldn’t be an issue.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C