Knifecenter Spyderco V.S. Buck Competition

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Knifecenter Spyderco V.S. Buck Competition

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Once again Spyderco is the yardstick others strive for...

https://www.knifecenter.com/listing/spy ... f339dff1c0

Personaly I prefer VG-10 Over S30V.

Click to win campaign
Sildani

Re: Knifecenter Spyderco V.S. Buck Competition

Post by Sildani »

I like the Buck design, but Spyderco wins with ergos, different steels, and blade shape. Buck has the deep carry clip, Micarta if you wish, and it’s made in the USA.

So I’ll happily take and use the Buck if it’s given to me, but I’ll BUY the Spyderco.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I have both. I like them both but to me Spyderco has much better ergonomics and a much smoother action/opening. I'll take the Spyder hole opening any day . Buck does S30V particularly well and I'd say the heat treat on it is as good as Spyderco's S30V. For carrying daily I like both Vg 10 and S30V so there is no great advantage with either for me. They are both easy to work with as far as sharpening and keeping things free of corrosion though S30V is noticeably more wear resistant and VG 10 is easier to sharpen. They both can take high sharpness but I'd give a slight advantage to Spyderco' s VG 10 on really high polished edges. Yes, both are fine knives.

Joe
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

I prefer S30V to VG-10. But only slightly. The hole is easily superior to the stud. They both fit my hand well. I could go either way. I suspect that new 110 is still pinned together. If so, that would be the thing that sways me towards the Spyderco.